Sims 4 Sims won't move can't do actions

by cah283

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 Sims won't move can't do actions

★ Apprentice

What do you mean the reset sim will erase everything your sims has?

Message 11 of 35 (26,473 Views)

★★★ Novice
In another forum they said the reset SIM makes you lose their job and skills. Is that incorrect?
Message 12 of 35 (8,859 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I've done the reset sim thing and nothing like that happened 

Message 13 of 35 (8,852 Views)

★★★ Novice
Ok Great! If it happens again I will use that, Thanks!
Message 14 of 35 (8,841 Views)

Re: Sims 4 PS4 sim won’t do actions

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Have you tried resetting him? Press L1, L2, R1, and R2 at the same time to bring up the cheat bar, then type in resetSim and the first and last name of the sim you want to reset and press enter.

Message 15 of 35 (15,828 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, sim reset usually works. Just go with "Resetsim Name Surname" without " and other additional signs. I have this problem too. By the way, the game consider a "resetSim" a command, not a cheat; so you will still be able to get achievements after using it.

Message 16 of 35 (15,808 Views)

★★★ Novice
Depends I had a problem like that with my sim Ed when he was sitting in a chair it said he couldn't do the action. So I clicked on a empty space and clicked walk here. He walked there but still couldn't do the action. So I moved him very close to the object in question and selected a different option then it allowed him. (It was alot of walk here, cancel, walk here till he moved.)
Message 17 of 35 (8,828 Views)

★★★ Novice
Another fix is click the speed button >>> then >> wait a couple seconds on each. After that click > and it should work. My entire Sim family was stuck like that standing doing nothing.
Hope this helps
(This is a ps4 edition fix.)
Message 18 of 35 (8,825 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I'm having the same issue. My main adult man will not move, no matter what commands I give him. I've also tried resetting the game and hard restarting the PS4.

For some reason, reset isn't working on my PS4. I type in resetSime <first name> <last name>, but the text won't input.

If I can't fix this, I'm going to be very upset. This happened on my primary game and it is pretty much game breaking right now. Please help me out.
Message 19 of 35 (15,273 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I found that if you travel with another household member to another lot and back it works. I did this on mine and it worked ☺️
Message 20 of 35 (14,648 Views)