Re: Sims 4 Xbox One Still Won’t Save After 07/23 Update!!

by CrypticKam

Original Post

★ Guide

If a patch was released to fix the error code 22 why wasn't it thoroughly tested so it was absolutely sure to work? Again this game is unplayable and should be getting an urgent fix. 

Message 311 of 449 (486 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@CrypticKam A patch wasn't released to fix this issue. I merely asked because it had been almost a month since the post before to see if it was still an issue.
Message 312 of 449 (459 Views)

★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper Well it should be patched. Unacceptable to leave this in the state it's in for almost a month.

I haven't played since the eco dlc broke my game by crashing during loads and traveling. Fired it up yesterday to find it completely broken with error 22 now and another dlc coming soon it seems.
Message 313 of 449 (742 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@CrypticKam The issue is that this isn't necessarily a bug for all users getting this code. It means that your console can not save any more date to your save, meaning the save is full, and you legitimately need to delete stuff from your save to free up room to save more data.

There are some users getting this error on saves that are not full, and that's the bug.
Message 314 of 449 (721 Views)

★ Guide
@PoptartJuniper Interesting. I'll look into deleting some stuff. Does that include things in the gallery or is it within my current game saved files? Appreciate you letting me know this.
Message 315 of 449 (683 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@CrypticKam I've updated the marked post with more information. Error code 22, what it means and troubleshooting. Yes, that also includes cleaning out your library file.

Message 316 of 449 (673 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Save Error 22

★★★ Newbie

My wife is playing and also is having this problem. She can no longer save her game. We have tried everything recommended here with the exception of deleting the DLC items in her library. She doesn't want to try that. Her save file, according to the XBOX, takes 261 MB. She has two household saves and within those, a few families. Nothing should be taking up a lot of space, unless it's due to the DLC items in the library.

Message 317 of 449 (636 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@PoptartJuniperYou have showed me how to fix my problem. The game is running super smooth and saving again. Thank you so much! How do I mark it as a solution?

Message 318 of 449 (609 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@CrypticKam The post I linked you for the information is the marked solution post for this thread. I'm glad this helped you! 

@doggonemess I am not sure what you are referring to with DLC items in the library. The items that are recommended to be deleted is anything from the online gallery that has been downloaded and saved to the library.

Message 319 of 449 (593 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@PoptartJuniper I'm not totally sure myself; I am only slightly familiar with the game and the content. She said that when she got the DLCs, her library filled up with houses and characters automatically. She didn't download them herself.

Message 320 of 449 (541 Views)