Unable to play EA games due to old account

by acuriosityrover

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to play EA games due to old account

★ Novice

Hello,

So long story short I'm using me and my Brothers Xbox. He hasn't really played in years and I've been playing much more recently. After getting game pass I noticed I am unable to play any EA games as it says the password has expired and I need to reset the password...

Wouldn't be a problem but the account my brother linked is super old, in his words "Loooord, I haven't touched that email in a f eternity" lol

He said he does not remember the passwords and that he does not have any backups setup for the email.

Is there anything I can do to unlink this account from the Xbox and use a new account? 

I attempted to login to the EA website with my Xbox login but it also prompted that the password is expired and to reset it...

Thanks!

Message 1 of 2 (586 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Unable to play EA games due to old account

Community Manager

Hey what's up, @acuriosityrover 

If your brother is not able to reset the password through his email he'll need to recover the account by contacting our Support team. They will need to go through some quick account verification steps to ensure he's the actual account owner before changing the email on the account.

Here is how to get started: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (557 Views)

All Replies

Re: Unable to play EA games due to old account

Community Manager

Hey what's up, @acuriosityrover 

If your brother is not able to reset the password through his email he'll need to recover the account by contacting our Support team. They will need to go through some quick account verification steps to ensure he's the actual account owner before changing the email on the account.

Here is how to get started: https://help.ea.com/en/help/account/im-locked-out-of-my-ea-account/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 2 (558 Views)

Need help? We got you.

Here's how to find your Madden NFL Mobile User ID and get help.

View More