Club Wars: Arenas - Feedback

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Re: Club Wars: Arenas - Feedback

★★ Novice
Hi,

Sorry to say that this update is very bad , and here are the reason :

1) You decrease the reward , before by scoring 12k we used to get the 1st golden chest , now with same amount of points , only the 3rd silver chest

2) We get less chance to get war card upgrade , because now you had the war simflouz, the different kind of booster into the rewards you can get from chest

3) no way now to know the favorite and most powerfull desaster from ennemy city

So at the end I just feel you did this update just to give us less and you add all these purchasing option in the meaning to make us spend more real cash

Plus this update will not resolve the probleme of the cheating team

Thanks for reading it
Message 11 of 145 (4,220 Views)

★★★ Novice
This is the worst update ever! After i first hated the war part of the game i began to like it but after the update the game is molested!

i was hoping EA would kick the cheaters but that didnt happen! nobody in our team likes the wars anymore so we decided to stop playing the war but that isnt a option due the CoM war tasks, so now we start a war and use it only for the CoM tasks so i can imagine our opponent is even more frustrated cause everyone is staying under the shield and doing nothing...great job EA, the game is now complete molested and unplayeble due the lag, no fun anymore.

just delete this update and go back to the old war mode, create a maximum shield time so there is more action, ban the cheaters, and stop with the CoM war tasks and Simcity will be greag again untill then this game is dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 12 of 145 (4,205 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

why isnt anyone from EA responding and acknowledging this ? 

Mai you ask for feedback and then disappear ?? what kind of community management is that ? Everyone is experiencing issues across the board and its time you as the EA representative faced up to it and provided some information on what is being done to resolve this matter. 

Message 13 of 145 (4,179 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_MaiIt would be nice if 1. EA would acknowledge the server overload problem, 2. let us know they are working on it, and of course 3. solve it.

Now things are back to normal, a bit slow, as usual. Thanks, anyway.

Message 14 of 145 (4,130 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
Nothing positive I am afraid.I am a president of a club and I have basically decided only limited war for the following reasons:

1.Incentive is too small.Noone cares about yet another moronic in-game currency. Why did you reduce the reward from 3 plat keys, 30 sims and 3 gold coins for the first arena, makes no sense.

2.Repetitive, slow, buggy and lags

3.War actually wasn't that much fun anyway. Too many people spending real money or cheating to get ahead.

There are thousands of other beneficial things you could have included in the last update.

It's actually kind of insulting that you think flashy backgrounds, cheap powerups and the ability to buy war items is even worthy of being called an update.

Oh, and one other thing:why the hell did you turn wars off in the middle of COM?

Let's face it, all you care about is making money and there is no problem with that, it's just you got greedy and lost respect for the loyal players. I have actually spent real cash on this game, but no more.
Message 15 of 145 (4,129 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
Hi Mai,

I finally finished a war and my thoughts on the updates are as below.

1. War currency: This is by far the best update among the recent changes. Not because it is great, but in comparison with the slew of disappointing changes, it is like the light in the darkness. The addition of war currency adds a subtle additional element to the war without causing upheaval and gives us additional options to source for war stuff, which is all good.

2. Arenas: These look very interesting on the first look, and the different arenas will do well to encourage players to work harder to unlock those of higher levels. And the arenas of the highest level are tailored for the most hardcore players, which suit their playing styles and needs.

The main problem I have with the arenas is that the rewards are less in the first two arenas, which are where all of us are at. So EA is telling us that we need more spurs in the hide to work to get to Tundra to get exactly the same rewards we used to get?

This is like telling customers to pay more for the exact same phone!

Not to mention that for us legit players, who play club wars for fun, getting to tundra seems impossible because our points kind of go back and forth due to winning and losing when fighting against strong opponents (it is no joke to fight opponents with points of more than 1850 despite my team having at least 6 members always getting 12k and above). Only hardcore players or cheaters who win all the time can get there. And for what? The same rewards as last time?

I feel that we are being severely penalized for just losing because it will take us many steps away from the next arena. Unlocking the next arena shouldn’t depend on whether we win enough. We could put in lots of efforts to fight wars but still lose because the opponent is simply better, cheats or uses feeder cities. And these efforts amount to nothing when the rewards get worse and the next arena is getting further from us.

So I suggest revamping the current computation of war points. Points should be awarded accordingly to how much we score during war, with extra big bonus points gven to the winner. This way, all of the clubs who participate actively in wars can have the chance to progress to next arena. Club wars is supposed to be about helping each other and having fun, I don’t see why we should be punished for just losing.

3. Shifting of goal posts: Okay, this is the worst of updates. I wonder if the planning team even uses common sense to devise the idea of changing the points required for personal chests. Again, it is like telling us to pay more for the exact same phone. Who in the world will like it?

I understand that EA is trying to make it harder for us to get disaster cards so we will tend to spend real money to get them instead. But didn’t the probability of getting disaster cards lowered with the introduction of war currency?

It will sit better with us if EA decides to decrease the amount of rewards in each personal chest instead.

With such huge gaps in points required for the chests, this becomes a problem where players may just stop trying for the chest on next level because it seems to take too much efforts. And I had encountered problems with the opponents staying in shield, not allowing us to get the personal chests we aimed for because they did not bother to come out to get more chests since they were far away from getting the next chest! EA wants us to play more, but at the same time, you are doing this to discourage us by making the chests too much of a hassle to get.

I know boosters help us to get more points but we still need to use the same amount of war stuff to get those points, right? So this will make players think twice about going for next chest.

4. Boosters: Okay, I’m pretty fine with it. But my team members hate it. They think boosters are unnecessary and don’t add anything to the game. I see boosters as something that can change the outcome of the war if players have more war currency to get more of them. So it’s a contest if who gets more war currency? The major issue I have with boosters is the side effect that now we need more points to get the chests because EA assumed that boosters can help us to get the chests anyway.

That’s all I have of now. Hope the planning team and developers will look into improving the points highlighted by us users. Otherwise, we will lose interest in club wars fast. As of now, lots of my team members, who are 12k or 16k (now 18k) scorers, are not eager to go into next war. And the current state of things just encourage more players to cheat to get war points high enough to unlock the arenas.
Message 16 of 145 (4,131 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Feels to me like this game has one basic underlying objective - to frustrate players enough that some will be tempted to spend money in-game.

Rather than pointless arenas that are basically just re-skinned battle screens, I wished you would have invested your time developing different terrains, weather elements or even buildings, that we can get for our cities.

I will never spend a dime on disaster cards, but I’ll definitely splurge to build my city on a snowy mountain or floating asteroid. I really miss the customisable terrain and region in SimCity games of old. 

Message 17 of 145 (4,101 Views)

★★★ Novice

‘‘This update is terrible!!!  The rewards for the EXCESSIVE amount of inventory that one has to spend in order to buy war tokens is ridiculous.  You loose a war and you get demoted??? We can’t even figure out the rules.  Who put the intro together?  Did you run it past anyone who wasn’t in on the programming/planning?  And of course the SLOW RESPONSE, I had 800 points to go to get 12,000 points, a new chest and win the game and I couldn’t play it.  You can’t even begin to imagine how annoyed I was.  That loss cost me over $100,000 simoleons, trying to buy inventory (which took forever) plus all the inventory I made and got NOTHING for, all because I couldn’t get into the war zone to do any bombing.  Only 1 other player on our team stuck out the whole game and they got 1/2 the points they usually get, because the game response time was impossible.  2 other players tried and had to bail.  

THERE IS A LOT MORE TO FIX THAN RESPONSE TIME:

better prizes OR make it cheaper to play war

allow club members to opt out of wars.  Their city won’t show up on the war map, they won’t be able to buy war items or attack anyone nor can they be attacked.  They also will not get any war prizes.  This helps for people who never play wars, but do challenges instead, to help the team.  It also allows players to take a beak from wars, without penalizing the team.  Players should be able to change their status, but only in between wars.

Uncomplicate the wars.  This upgrade was over thought, over micro managed and does absolutely nothing to increase the pleasure of the game.  Seriously, what did you add for the players?  

We’re still doing the same bombing with the same weapons that use the same tokens and we get less prizes for it.  Then to get the better prizes it’ll cost us more in time, inventory tokens, simoleons and now some other stupid currency.  Unfortunately for AE, players are already seeing that spending money will not make this new war release anymore fun to play.  

THUMBS DOWN FOR THE WORST “UPDATE” EVER!

Message 18 of 145 (4,082 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello I did read many replies here and on Facebook comments.  It seems experienced and advanced players have many valid complaints about the update.  I want to offer my perspective as a rookie to Club Wars.

1) I like the new war shop which gives an added venue to pile up war items, and help me add new attacks (Yes, this costs simcash - but I have a small stockpile from CoM). I would like to see the war shop give an option to cycle the items presented. I purchased the 5 legendary cards and now have a 2 or 3 day wait for new legendary cards to appear which I may or may not want.

2) The lag was a huge problem for me on day 1 of the update.  Fortunately I did not see some of the major issues that players here have posted about. I hope they are compensated fairly for their losses.  As for me I am not experience lags or delays as of day 2 and 3 after the update. I play the game on iPhone 7 and iPad mini and both are running smoothly in all facets of the game. (I havent tested war repairs yet, but during day 1 this caused a long delay.  Will see once I am attacked during current war.)

3) I concur with those who have mentioned the points needed for opening chests are probably too high. With a pretty hefty investment I was only able to pull off 4k damage and I can't Imagine doing up to 16k for a gold chest. It seems the rewards could be more favorable.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!  I do want to thank EA for adding an update and I hope you continue to innovate and invest resources to this app!!

Message 19 of 145 (4,055 Views)

★★★ Novice
so i have read all the comments in this topic and also see that EA doesnt react on the comments so there is only one thing we al can do and thats boycott the wars! Our team only start a war for the CoM war tasks and thats it, i hope everyone who read this will do the same thing so we can force EA to change this * situation!!!!
Message 20 of 145 (4,053 Views)