restarting a trail after ''later'' / fresh account!

by Xearow2

Original Post

restarting a trail after ''later'' / fresh account!

★★ Novice

So, i can't find any topics other then people having issues with the ''trial already played on this computer''

WITH 0SOLUTIONS.

one suggestion was to create a fresh account? 

1: I have started the simcity(2013) trial, and right after it says already played, come back later.
2: i waited 48hours, thats ''later'' to me?!!!
3: made a fresh account as suggested, nothing worked?????

so whats the solution here?

GG EA.

keep the typo's

its getting pretty anoying..

Message 1 of 4 (312 Views)

Re: restarting a trail after ''later'' / fresh account!

Hero (Retired)
I'm confused - did you play the trial, and now it won't let you play it again? Or is it saying you played the trial already, and you don't think you did?
Message 2 of 4 (295 Views)

★★ Novice

i didn't play the trial, it tells me to enjoy 4hours but then when i start it, it tells me i already played it, and that i should try it later.

almost 72hours later and a new account(as suggested)
I keep getting the same message.

so i cannot start it.

Message 3 of 4 (292 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I see this has been a problem with other games, too. 

Making a new account won't help, it appears the trial is blocked by computer hardware id of some sort - so if you or someone else in your household has used the trial, you can't rerun it again. This is to prevent people from just creating a new account and running the trial over and over instead of purchasing. This isn't really a game-specific thing, it's Origin.

A couple of things to try - Clear the Origin Cache, then reboot

Make sure to set *.exe for Origin and the SimCity trial "as Administrator" (right-click desktop icon, choose Properties > Compatibility > Check the "Run As Administrator" checkbox)

Right-click SimCity trial icon in Origin, choose "Repair"

There's not much anyone in the forums can do to help with this, if none of these options work, you'll need to contact an EA advisor and request help. 

Message 4 of 4 (278 Views)