Re: SimCity (Mac) hangs at city loading screen

by BlackjackWidow

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Hey, there I am here to tell you that I spent my money on this game form not even able to play it. I can open the game and see my city, which is hardly anything right now because I can't play, only for me to open one section to try and expand and then it crashes. I have been stuck in this endless cycle for 3 days in a row, I have also only had the game for 3 days. Is it origin, the game, or my computer causing this. I also already spent money getting this game, so this better not be one of your EA pay to play tricks. please help in a way that makes me allowed to play the game I bought. 

Message 41 of 45 (1,099 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @SWgeek24 - can you give more information regarding your computer specs and exactly what you're seeing? Please provide more information following these instructions: 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

You say you can load the city but it crashes when you try to play? Is this after you claimed a city, or when you're trying to claim? Are you playing online or offline? Did you buy the game directly from EA through Origin, or did you buy it from Aspyr through the app store?

Reply back and let us know the above information. Thanks!

Message 42 of 45 (1,078 Views)

Re: SimCity Complete Crashing on a Mac

★★★ Newbie

Has Mojave improved this crashing issue for anyone?

Message 43 of 45 (905 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi @mmedran2 - There was a crashing issue for Mac users on the High Sierra OSX 10.13 which was solved by upgrading to Mojave 10.14 in August 2018. 

Unfortunately, the Mojave 10.14.4 update introduced a new problem with display resolution. EA is working with Apple on this issue; there is a request for information and some workarounds in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-2013/Mac-Mouse-Cursor-and-Display-Resolution-Problems/td-p/7839105 if you experience this issue. 

If you are experiencing crashes on a Mac, try using the Origin Update Tool to see if that helps. If not, and your issue does not match the thread linked above, please start a new thread with details on your system and issue, so we can troubleshoot your particular problem, as this thread was started in 2015. Thanks, and Happy Building!

Message 44 of 45 (889 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Mine was crashing but I figured out the solution. All I did was change my screen resolution to 3200 x 1800 and it never crashed again. (Of course this worked for my 2017 iMac) Not sure if it will work for smaller screens. So, just try changing it to its maximized "More Space" option and see if that does the trick! K BYE!

Message 45 of 45 (526 Views)