by kshafe

Original Post

Re: Battlefront II does not recognize keyboard or mouse input

★★★ Newbie

That doesnt work. When i click the disable button it doesnt disable it

Message 21 of 149 (100,808 Views)

Re: [BUG] Disappearing Cursor or Infinitely loading cursor Battlefront II

★ Guide

Me too. Saw this problem in the general discussion part of these forums so it was a quick fix when it happened to me. Has to do with the new overlay update from Discord. Good catch.

Message 22 of 149 (140,362 Views)

Re: Battlefront II does not recognize keyboard or mouse input [Solved!]

★★★ Newbie

The same could be true for Discord overlay. I had this problem multiple times until I turned off the discord overlay, and now it works.

Message 23 of 149 (100,749 Views)

With Discord open I have no mouse or keyboard control when launching SWBF2

★ Guide

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug When I have Discord open and launch the game I have no keyboard or mouse control. I can only alt tab to close the game. It has happened since Discord updated a couple of days ago. No other keyboard functions will work and the mouse cursor is gone.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Heyticklebuddy
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 8/20/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Galactic Assault
What is your time zone? CST - GMT - 6:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open your Discord application then attempt to open SWBF2.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I have Discord open and launch the game I have no keyboard or mouse control. I can only alt tab to close the game. It has happened since Discord updated a couple of days ago. No other keyboard functions will work and the mouse cursor is gone.
What do you expect to see? Nothing at all. Just a general awareness that this is a bug of Discord's making, not this game's developers for once. General awareness of a problem that many are experiencing.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia 1080Ti

When I have Discord open and launch the game I have no keyboard or mouse control. I can only alt tab to close the game. It has happened since Discord updated a couple of days ago. No other keyboard functions will work and the mouse cursor is gone. 

The solution or workaround until Discord gets a new update fixing this is to close Discord, launch the game, then re-open Discord. 

I've talked to several others who are experiencing this and this seems the general consensus. 

Message 24 of 149 (104,158 Views)

Re: With Discord open I have no mouse or keyboard control when launching SWBF2

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I think it is something discord does, unfortunately. It is in overlay of discord. Go to User Setting>overlay> turn off overlay

Then restart the game and it should work normally.

Message 25 of 149 (104,136 Views)

Re: With Discord open I have no mouse or keyboard control when launching SWBF2

★ Guide

Turning off the overlay of Discord is another solution. 

Message 26 of 149 (104,102 Views)

No Mouse In Battlefront 2

★★ Novice

whenever I launch Battlefront 2 my mouse disappears and the game doesn't read input from my mouse or keyboard and only from my controller when I plug it in. Also, when trying to play the game I get an error code "1066" and it says it can't find a game for me.

Quite annoying

Message 27 of 149 (150,213 Views)

Re: No Mouse In Battlefront 2

★ Guide

Do you have Discord open when you launch SWBF2? If so then Discord's overlay could be the problem. Close Discord, launch your game, then launch Discord and it should clear up the problem. The 1066 error you're getting is another matter. A fix for the 1066/ping site issue is coming this month. No exact date on when the patch is coming other than "soon".

Message 28 of 149 (150,196 Views)

Star Wars Battle Front II keyboard/mouse not working

★ Novice

Every time I launch Star Wars Battlefront II on my PC it doesn't work.  The game doesn't pick up any use of keyboard and about 1/3 of the time pick up my mouse but fixed in a small area in the middle of the screen, while about less than 1/10 of the time but leaves my courser in the game.  I've been un-installing and re-installing, rebooting and resetting my PC, and close the game and open it back up again  several times.  I have tried going to settings and changing controls and yet my keyboard was turned on for settings, but every time i hit a key apparently My mouse locks right on the center of the screen.  I have even plugged and un-plugged keyboard a few times.  To make sure it wasn't Orgin, I opened up PvZ GW2 and did a thorough look through to test my keyboard and mouse, all buttons worked.  Except some strange thing when you hit A and D at the same time, no matter what you go left (A.K.A. hit A.)  According to Origin it had a full Repair and Update.

Ask more questions if you need any more info to hopefully help this out.

Message 29 of 149 (117,242 Views)

Re: Star Wars Battle Front II keyboard/mouse not working

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @Olimar427

Do you happen to have the Discord app installed on your PC? We received some reports that the Discord in-game layout is causing some troubles for controls in our games like Star Wars Battlefront 2 or Battlefield 1. Please try to disable it to see if it helps with your problem.

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 30 of 149 (117,296 Views)