Battlefront 2 and what I'd like to see

by nochoicenames

Original Post

Battlefront 2 and what I'd like to see

★★★ Novice

Hello all, I recently started using Origin and just came to the forums today for the first time.

As a Battlefront gamer since I preordered the first Battlefront classic and now have owned every one since, I wanted to share what I would like to see from the upcoming BF2.  I'm not sure if this is in the right area, but hopefully a mod can move it if it's not.

I understood buying the first Battlefront it was mainly a multiplayer game.  I was into clan and tournament RTCW back at that time, so I had no issue with it.  It still was to come with full offline, single player support.  There are many times I'm traveling or otherwise away from a good connection, so it's nice to be able to take my favorite games with me.  I preordered the first two classic BF games and still play them to this day. 

I never really did play either of them online.  I just didn't have fun dealing with children and online attitudes when I could have just as much fun playing the same maps with the bots.  As I've gotten older with a family and career, I just don't have the time to devote to an online only game.  The classic BF games didn't have a "campaign", they just had some story bits thrown in between a run through each of the maps with some simple objectives.  Playing the galactic conquest with the more difficult settings could take me a few hours and I never got bored of it. 

When BF2 came out, I was away for almost the entire year, so I didn't get a chance to play it for the first year despite having it preordered.  Even when I got back, I was new to my career and met my wife, so most of my time was devoted there (well all of it).  It wasn't until the game was out for a while until I actually got a chance to really spend time on it.  I had so much fun with the first BF playing the campaign, GC, and with the bots that I never even tried BF2 in multiplayer. 

These were and are my all time favorite Star Wars games, and I have every SW game since I got Tie Fighter on floppy disk in the 90s.  It was just something about them throwing you into the huge battlefields where you could fit any role, drive any vehicle, or control any turret.  When the second one came out with space battles, I didn't think it was possible to improve on the original other than graphics.

Come to BF 2015, I preordered like I did all the others.  When BF 2015 came out I was more excited about a game than I have been in years, expecting the same bot support for all of the maps and game modes.  I at least expected things wouldn't be removed from the franchise and full bot support would be included at the least.  When I read what the offline sp portion of the game was on release day, I had to get a refund for my preorder.  I know the focus in modern gaming is MP and nothing else, but I feel this alienates a large part of the gaming community.  The MP players just seem to be the larger, or louder of the two groups.

I'm not writing this to complain about it, I simply didn't buy the game.  I just bought it today because I read that much more offline support was added.  I have my copy of BF2 deluxe ordered for a few months now, and can't wait to get a hold of it!  I just wanted to state my view in hopes the developers will consider what I'm saying.  There has to be many others out there like me, who simply want to relax blasting some bots and getting immersed in the gameplay.  Again, I get it that I may be in the minority and it may not be worth EA's time to add Galactic Conquest or a story, but all I really would like to see are full bot supports for all of the maps. 

Another thing I wanted to mention, people are still buying the classic BF games on gog and steam.  They are doing this because those games were great and you don't have to find a server to enjoy them.  They are also still buying it because there are still great mods and maps developed for them.  In fact, I had two copies of each of them and purchased them again in digital format so I don't mess up my discs.  I think it would benefit the game and the community substantially to at least have custom map support.

Anyway, thank you for reading this, continuing the Battlefront franchise, and adding some offline SP elements.  I look forward to November!

Message 1 of 2 (358 Views)

Re: Battlefront 2 and what I'd like to see

Community Manager

@nochoicenames Thanks for the post, there's some great feedback here. We haven't seen the full extent of the offline content in SWBF II, but I have seen plenty of other posts asking for more extensive offline content. 

Unfortunately I don't have any unreleased info or specifics about what will be included. I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open for any details on what's in the full game. 

I suspect the upcoming Beta will be multiplayer-only, but if there's any offline content I'll update the thread. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (335 Views)