Plants Town Center - Sightseeing, Demolition and Gnome Medals Guide!

by TheSprinter85

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Plants Town Center - Sightseeing, Demolition and Gnome Medals Guide!

[ Edited ]
Champion

Hello everyone,

In this guide series, I am covering the Sightseeing, Demolition and Gnome Medals for Plants Town Center that I have not covered in any of my other guides. I will cover how to get each of these medals, the names of these medals, and provide a picture for each medal I am going through that is relevant for each medal I am covering. Obtaining these medals are the only way to complete your Plants Town Center region and buy all of the exclusive items at the shop. These medals do not tend to award you with any additional rewards, however they do not generally take long to complete, and you do get to complete your region and unlock some items as you go, so they are worth trying to collect. You could work on collecting the medals while you are waiting for something to happen in your region, such as waiting for the Treasure Yeti to appear.

Here is how to complete the Medals themselves:

SIGHTSEEING MEDALS

Once you have completed these activities, you will keep the medal you get and will not have to repeat these activities. You can do these activities at any time and you get to explore more of your free-roam region this way.

Hike with Mike

To earn this medal, you need to head to Mike, who is a Squash located within Sundrop Hills. Then, you need to follow him up the hill at Sundrop Hills and defend him from enemies and their attacks, until you get near the top of the mountain, which is where a little campsite is located, near the TV Reception center. When you get to the campsite, you will automatically get the medal. Just follow the Squash until you get there while defeating enemies and you should not encounter any problems with this medal.

Mike the Squash.PNG

Pea in the Pool

To earn this medal, you simply have to go to a paddling pool in Plants Town Center, and step in it, that is it. However, you must be a Peashooter to get this medal, so switch to Peashooter before you attempt to get this medal. You have to be a Peashooter and stand in the pool for a few seconds.

Pea in the Pool.PNG

Big Dipper

To earn this medal, you need to fall or jump into the sea or the river in the region. It does not matter which character you use, but you must be vanquished instantly as a result after you fall into the sea or the river. 

Big Dipper.PNG

DEMOLITION MEDALS

These following medals require you to destroy a certain amount of items in your region. If you cannot find enough of an item to destroy, you could reload your region and the items you destroyed will appear in the same place and you are able to destroy them again. You can use any character you like to destroy these items and you simply need to deal some damage.

Bad Reception

To earn this medal, you need to destroy 10 TV Antennae or more in Plants Town Center. There are several located around Sundrop Hills, located on top of the houses, so check all of the houses and see if there is a antennae on there. Destroy them if there is.

TV Antennae.PNG

Waste Mismanagement

To earn this medal, you must destroy 5 Dumpsters or more in Plants Town Center. These are located around the place, but there are quite a few located close to Up-Down Uptown, so look there first as you may find a few quite easily without much trouble this way.

Dumpsters.PNG

Taking Out the Trash

To earn this medal, you must destroy 30 Trash Bags or more in Plants Town Center. They are generally located near where dumpsters are located, so if you find where a dumpster is located, then you should see some trash bags alongside it that you can destroy easily.

Trash Bags.PNG

Can't Touch That Dial

To earn this medal, you must destroy 2 Televisions or more in Plants Town Center. There are 2 located in the region, 1 is located in the Plant Base, which is almost where you first appear when you enter the region. Another is located in Pressure Pier, or reload your region.

Television.PNG

GNOME MEDALS

These medals are shared between Plants and Zombies Town Center, so completing these medals in one of the regions means that it will automatically be completed in the other. These medals relate to gnome-related activities, that have some sort of Gnome involvement. They are Sightseeing or Demolition medals, but are in this section as they work differently to the other Sightseeing and Demolition medals.

Gnome's Eye View

This is a type of Sightseeing Medal, but it is a gnome-related activity, so it is described here.

To earn this medal, you need to climb the Gnome Column which is located inside of the Gnome Shrine. Use a character that can easily get a lot of height or just jump carefully so you do not fall off when getting to the top.

Gnome Shrine Medal and Mysterious Door.PNG

Gnight: Schooled

This is a type of Demolition Medal, but it is a gnome-related activity, so it is described here. 

To earn this medal, you need to defeat Sir Biff. To do so, you need to enter the Mysterious Door in the Gnome Shrine, which you can open once you have collected all 3 Diamond Gnomes in the region. 

Gnome Shrine Medal and Mysterious Door.PNG

CONCLUSION

Now, while these medals do not give you any significant rewards for completion, except for having your region complete and unlocking access to exclusive items, they are still worth collecting. You can do them while you wait for something to happen, such as the Treasure Yeti appearing, or if you just feel like doing something else in your region. But regardless of the reason, I suggest taking the time to collect these medals when you get the chance, and they should not even take very long to complete.

Hopefully this guide was helpful!

From

@TheSprinter85 

Message 1 of 3 (2,484 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Plants Town Center - Sightseeing, Demolition and Gnome Medals Guide!

★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 Thank you for this Standard smile! I just want to quickly say that "Hike with Mike" has some bugs. I had to do it 3 times until it properly recognized I completed it. And "Pea in the Pool" is such an awesome reference to the achievement in the first PvZ game, "Don't Pea in the Pool", which is rewarded for completing a day time pool level without using Peashooter.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (2,469 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 Thank you for this Standard smile! I just want to quickly say that "Hike with Mike" has some bugs. I had to do it 3 times until it properly recognized I completed it. And "Pea in the Pool" is such an awesome reference to the achievement in the first PvZ game, "Don't Pea in the Pool", which is rewarded for completing a day time pool level without using Peashooter.
Message 2 of 3 (2,470 Views)

Champion
@benn1nat0r I did not realise that this medal had bugs associated with it, I do appreciate you telling me. That info could be useful for players who are having trouble completing this. I have played the first PvZ game, I didn't realise the reference between the achievements between the two games.
Message 3 of 3 (2,455 Views)