by Sbroutin

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lost my content and progress!

★★★ Novice

Game: Plants vs Zombies 2

phone: android, huawei p10 plus

game id:A3202FCB-52CB-4341-A2FD-3150051EF6FE

Ok, thing is I tried to run my game a couple of days ago.  The whole thing crashed and restarted my phone.
When I got back into the game, ALL my progress and content was gone.  As if the game got reset... even asking me to play the tutorial levels.
Tried to uninstall and reinstall, then register my email again and do a sync, but still nothing.
It is a 9 year old account, so I had a few million and a few thousands of gems.

I opened a case at EA, but they marked it as solved.  Of course, not contents, plants, coins or anything.  The game just starts back from either the tutorial or if I repeat the re-install process, it tells me it has an identity conflict with the google account.  The 2 accounts it shows (including the one with my game id) don't have any significant process at all.
I know the game has been quite buggy for a while now, but wondering if there is anything that can be done?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 21 (908 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lost my content and progress!

Champion

When you receive an ID conflict screen, normally there should be a new ID (of your fresh install) and an old ID (your original ID) with your progress which was linked to your registered email address. 

IF the old ID shows little or no progress, then this suggests the game save data assigned to your registered email address either has been overwritten or linked up incorrectly with a wrong file, this is an error from the server side and there is nothing you as a player can do to fix.  Your only option for recovering your old progress is to get assistance from the Help Center advisor, give him/her your original player ID and hopefully, one will spend time on restoring your old email link with the correct game save file from the back up server. 

Good luck.

View in thread

Message 2 of 21 (884 Views)

All Replies

Champion

When you receive an ID conflict screen, normally there should be a new ID (of your fresh install) and an old ID (your original ID) with your progress which was linked to your registered email address. 

IF the old ID shows little or no progress, then this suggests the game save data assigned to your registered email address either has been overwritten or linked up incorrectly with a wrong file, this is an error from the server side and there is nothing you as a player can do to fix.  Your only option for recovering your old progress is to get assistance from the Help Center advisor, give him/her your original player ID and hopefully, one will spend time on restoring your old email link with the correct game save file from the back up server. 

Good luck.

Message 2 of 21 (885 Views)

★★★ Novice
@eieio_31310 Crossing fingers. It had all my prpgress since the game got released
Message 3 of 21 (882 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The same goes for me last Monday! I lost my progress too as well after I exit the game. When I re-opened it, it resets back to the tutorial & the plants I bought are all reset back to Level 1, I've lost everything... I tried contacting EA Help about this, but they aren't responding yet through chat, how can I email them? I just need to get my progress back since it's almost going to be a week already!

438158970_730745192585649_4381346575852015490_n.jpg
438154302_337502379335659_7151702499535451652_n.jpg
Message 4 of 21 (745 Views)

★ Novice

Couple of days ago a was playing PvZ2 via LDPlayer and suddenly lights went out. Today when I started game, a game started with tutorial and all my previous progress was lost. But all achievements a got still be there. I tried somehow to link accout, to beat tutorial (thought that after that everything 'll be ok) , tried to start game via phone, but nether helped. Last chance is EA Support. Hope this will work.

Screenshot_20240421-024000.png
Screenshot_20240421-023835.png
Screenshot_20240421-023906.png
Message 5 of 21 (730 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had that happen to me as well. Contacted support and they are looking into it. I am hoping they can get it fixed soon.

Message 6 of 21 (578 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Help

A similar thing happened to me.  I opened up and saw the two accounts but when I clicked on my 10 year old account with 98 plants and everything it loaded the new one instead and I was very careful to make sure I picked the right one.  So I Uninstalled it and reinstalled, went thru the tutorial and everything but nothing.  I know the email I signed up with but don't remember what my user ID is.  Can anyone help or is this something that will need to be fixed on developer side?

Message 7 of 21 (541 Views)

★★★ Novice

I awaited patiently on the chat and opened the case.  Their method is a bit wonky, but they managed to fix it

Message 8 of 21 (509 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@FelixClan2 

You need your original player id number to restore your profile.

Pvz2 will also not work on older versions of android and i assume older apple devices either.

EA can't/won't  help you without the correct player id number. 

About all you can do, without the correct player id number, is provide them with proof of purchase for any cash purchases you made.

Message 9 of 21 (488 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm still waiting for mine to be fixed. I contacted help twice to see if there has been any progress and I was told they are still working on it. Its been over two weeks now since I have been able to play my game. 

Message 10 of 21 (286 Views)