the sims 4 progress lost

by Eventenkate

Original Post

Accepted Solution

the sims 4 progress lost

★★ Novice

So i got a new pc and a new hard drive. On The hard drive from my old pc, on which is 700 hours of game progress, i think is the all the progreess. But now i installed the sims on the new, faster hard drive the whole game is empty. Is there any way to restore those old files? i cant find any .save or saves folder i did try to move the ''data'' folder to the empty game which didnt do anything. please help i'm scared i lost all my progress many self built houses from years ago i would die if they were gone. I don't think i have deleted anything. Also i have always played the game offline because my account was underage (which i didnt know) so i have nothing saved to the gallery i always wanted to but until recently i got it to work

Message 1 of 11 (1,766 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: the sims 4 progress lost

Hero (Retired)
@Eventenkate

This applies to your saves folder in your old computer that you previously played. Check this one.
You must transfer this folder to the new computer.

View in thread

Message 4 of 11 (1,709 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Eventenkate

Files of your game aren't kept in the cloud. These files are only into your old computer so you must move these files to this new computer.
How to do this:
You need to pack the "saves" and Tray folders using WinRar program on your old computer. These folders can be found in Documents / Electronic Arts / The Sim4. The Sims4 folder is your game folder.
You can save such packed folders on PenDrive - or send it via e-mail to your own address. You send this e-mail to your e-mail address and attach the packed folders. Because they have a large volume you will need to use Google Drive and have a Gmail email address.
Download these packed folders from Pendrive. or move these packaged from mail to some place on your new computer.
These folders you first unpack and then paste into a new game folder in Documents on your new computer. Of course, before that, you have to delete new folders with the same names that were created there after installation.

I don't work for EA

Message 2 of 11 (1,740 Views)

★★ Novice

When I go to the saves folder I can only see one file, which is the empty savegame I think. The tray folder has about 5 files in it. Where do I move these exactly? I only have one saves folder. I mean it can't just get deleted out of nowhere right

Message 3 of 11 (1,716 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Eventenkate

This applies to your saves folder in your old computer that you previously played. Check this one.
You must transfer this folder to the new computer.
Message 4 of 11 (1,710 Views)

★★ Novice

The thing is, in my oké pc i had only 1 hard drive so the old saves must be on there. But how do I find those? "Documents" is saved on the new pc and i can find "documents" on the old hard drive

Message 5 of 11 (1,698 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Eventenkate

Path to this folder :
User/Library/Documents/Electronic Arts /The SIms4 - inside is saves folder

If you have Win10 :
Click on "This PC"
then Click on your C Drive, which looks like this for example -- Acer ( C : ) (Without spaces) --
If you've clicked on it, then you'll see a bunch of folders, Some with program files, etc..
Click on the folder that says 'Users'
then once you've done that, click on the one folder that has your PC's name on it, then click on Documents after the PC's named folder, once you've also done that you'll be directed to some more folders, Click on Electronic Arts then Sims 4

Message 6 of 11 (1,694 Views)

★★ Novice
Oh, fantastic. I think I found the old saves on the old hard drive. Do i copy all those files in "saves" to the new hard drive in the folder "saves"?
Message 7 of 11 (1,682 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Eventenkate

No - you pack this with Winrar program for Win 10 64 bit system. (Hope you have exactly the same system. )

https://winrar-64bit.en.softonic.com/download
After installing Winrar right click on the saves folder and choose the option: add to "saves.rar". The folder will change in the pack.

From that moment I think that you need help from someone who is more familiar with computers.
Because you need to buy 32GB pendrive to download this zipped folder. Hope 32 GB will enough. You can buy 64 GB if this packed folder will have more then 32 GB.
Pendrive is a small mobile memory that you connect to your computer and download whatever you want to transfer to another computer.

Next, download this pack from pendrive on your new computer to some chosen place
Unpack it with Winrar - right click on the pack - the option "unpack here"
Go to the TS4 folder and delete there new saves folder.

Right click on the unpacked old saves folder - option "copy"
Next right click on The Sims4 folder - option paste.
And it is done already. You have your all old games.
Message 8 of 11 (1,673 Views)

★★ Novice
isnt it easier to just copy and paste it? my old game and new game are in the same computer, i dont need a usb flash drive.
Message 9 of 11 (1,671 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@Eventenkate

Of course, it is as it should be done! Copy and paste this folder into a new game folder. Sorry but I understood that you have a game on another computer and you moved the entire old disk to the new computer.

Message 10 of 11 (1,665 Views)