Sims 4 mods won't work

by Magicunicornofdo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 mods won't work

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey all,

I cannot get the sims 4 mods to enable no matter what I try.

I have the mod/script setting enabled on my game, the files are all unzipped using winrar and in a mod folder which is located in EA- Sims 4 , I've restarted my computer, repaired the game but it just won't work.

I am using an external hard drive to run sims 4 since I didn't have enough storage on my laptop, is that the issue? It runs everything else fine so I don't know.

Message 1 of 3 (329 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 mods won't work

★★ Novice
@Psychotps
Okay so.. well, I feel very very stupid. Turns out I had a different sims 4 file and it was playing it from there which is why the mods weren't working.
I feel.. very dumb haha. Thank you for your help though! Standard smile

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (291 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert

Could very well be. It totally depends on how the game is coded. Physical internal drives are accessed in a completely different way from external drives. The game may not be coded to support external drives.

I certainly wouldn't recommend using an external drive to store active game data. It will completely obliterate your game's speed.

Try moving it internally and see how it works then.

Message 2 of 3 (307 Views)

★★ Novice
@Psychotps
Okay so.. well, I feel very very stupid. Turns out I had a different sims 4 file and it was playing it from there which is why the mods weren't working.
I feel.. very dumb haha. Thank you for your help though! Standard smile
Message 3 of 3 (292 Views)