Sims 4 file location has changed

by lilacsinthemail

Original Post

Sims 4 file location has changed

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,

I recently went to open Sims 4 via Origin, as I normally do, for the first time in about six months. Instead of opening the game, Origin told me it had to install it, so I let it do its thing and reinstall the game. When I got around to opening the game, my CC was unsurprisingly missing (it's worth noting that all my saves were still functioning when I opened the game). However, when I went to view the file location of the game and move my old mods to the new folder, I realised the game was in a completely different place. Rather than being under Documents > Electronic Arts, the game is now under Program Files (x86) > Origin Games, and the files of the game look completely different, including a lack of a Mods folder. I have no idea why the game has moved and I can't seem to find any record of the game being here from anyone else.

I'd like to be able to either find a way to make my mods work in the game's new location or at least be able to restore the game to its original place or open the older version of the game (as there is no way to launch the previous version from the file location). Attached are screenshots of the new file location. Apologies if I'm missing something obvious, and thanks in advance for any help.

Message 1 of 2 (1,209 Views)

Re: Sims 4 file location has changed

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@lilacsinthemail 

The program files are in Program Files (x86) > Origin Games. Always have been but can be changed.

By default the user files including Mods/CC are in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4

Remember to look for updates to your Mods and CC.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 2 (1,200 Views)