Sims 4 Dinner Party does not Launch

by Kierra1992

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sims 4 Dinner Party does not Launch

★★ Novice

I have a sim with the aspiration Food: Master Chef, which eventually requires you to host a Silver medal dinner party. However, when I attempt to launch the dinner party (I've clicked only dinner party and have selected prestige event) the party launches with the title "House Party" and does not have tasks to complete.
I have attempted the repair game option in origin and also deleted the localthumbcache.package file all to no avail.

I've owned Sims 4 for under a week and I'm not sure what to do. For a new game with no custom or dlc content to have a glitch that inhibits the ability to complete aspirations in the game, needless to say it's pretty upsetting.

Thanks for any advice on this topic EA chat/support has no answers other than post it on the forum, which is lovely too.

Message 1 of 6 (2,168 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sims 4 Dinner Party does not Launch

EA Sims Team

@Kierra1992

Hello.

It looks like House Party selected in the UI instead of the Dinner Party (although the box is checked for the Prestige Event for the Dinner Party).  Are you able to select the Dinner Party?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (2,289 Views)

All Replies

Do you have any mods or CC (custom content)? Try taking that out.
See this for more information: [PLEASE READ] Usage of Mods and Custom Content 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 6 (2,158 Views)

★★ Novice
No mods, no custom content, brand new game bought less than a month ago
Message 3 of 6 (2,153 Views)

I couldn't reproduce this in my game. But my Sim wasn't a Master chef. 

What options do you choose as hosts and such? Feel free to add in some screenshots as well. Any info that might help either explaining the bug, or solving the issue. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 6 (2,144 Views)

★★ Novice

It happens to all of my sims, regardless of aspiration.

Message 5 of 6 (2,130 Views)

EA Sims Team

@Kierra1992

Hello.

It looks like House Party selected in the UI instead of the Dinner Party (although the box is checked for the Prestige Event for the Dinner Party).  Are you able to select the Dinner Party?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 6 of 6 (2,290 Views)