My Sims Can't Find Furniture?

by Putsnglow

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sims Can't Find Furniture?

★★ Novice

My game was working fine and there were no updates or new mods installed between the last time I played it and this time. Everytime I send my sim to do something they do the wave and have the footprint cloud above thier head. I tried resetting the sim, restarting, and repairing the game but it was still giving me the save footprint thing. So even though I hadn't added any new mods I still went through my normal process of finding the broken mod. I found out it was coming from 'Sets' folder which holds my mods that have sets of the same furniture or cas stuff - so nothing script changing that should be breaking the game. I would think that it was my furniture cc that was breaking the game, but my 'Buy' and 'Build' folders were fine and they were still giving me the stupid wave thing when told to do stuff one things that aren't cc. I know I can just not use my cc from that folder but I would be losing out on a LOT of furniture things and it also just bugs me how its breaking my game, like I've never had issues with just cc besides the regular not showing up after you place it issue (which I know how to fix and it didnt help this problem.)

Message 1 of 5 (1,682 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Sims Can't Find Furniture?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So I figured out it was because there had already been a cc bath that was placed before the game stopped allowing them. So I deleted the cc bath and replaced with a normal bath and now it works. 

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (1,617 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)
@Putsnglow

Most scripts mods and a lot of CC after the last patch are no longer compatible with the game. Most CC Showers confirmed as broken. Beds bookcases by Peacemaker are broken. Some of the CC objects from building mode probably are broken by this patch also. CC Hair: WINGS-ON0815 will cause UI glitches and so on...
1. Move the mods folder to the desktop.
2. Find and delete localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. Delete also all folders with the word "cache" in the name.
3 Fix the game in Origin
right-click on TS4 select the option "repair game"
4. Turn on the game to create a new, empty mods folder and check if the game is working now properly without mods
5. Check if there are new updated versions of the mods and CC you are using.
Then copy from desktop your mods and CC and paste it in the new mods folder. First, paste script mods one by one every time checking if the game is OK.
Do the same with CC but if you have a lot of this, try the 50/50 method. divide your CC into smaller batches for example 50 pieces in one subfolder and check these subfolders one by one)

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 5 (1,678 Views)

★★ Novice

I already tried doing all of that but it's still not working. 

Message 3 of 5 (1,667 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@Putsnglow

Step 1. Rename The Sims4 folder to "The Sims4 old"
Step 2. Fix the game in Origin
Origin/ My games library - right-click on TS4 - option "Repair game"
You have to wait until Origin will fix all packs, not only the base game.
Step 3. Turn on the game - a new game folder will be created and you will have two - one old, one new
Step 4. Check if you still have this problem in the newly created game folder. Start a new game with random sims and play by 5 minutes.
If the problem disappeared
Step 5. Delete in the new game folder following folders:
"saves" and Tray.
Step 6. Go to "The Sims 4 old" folder and copy - your "saves " folder.
Step. 7. Paste this folder in a newly created game folder.
Step 8. Do the same with Tray folder and TrayDeleteItems file
Step 9. Then copy and paste your mods and CC from the old mods folder to the new one.
Step. 10. Launch the game and check if this problem also disappeared in this old save.
The last step - delete The Sims4 old folder.

Your saves and library will be not changed or damaged
Message 4 of 5 (1,663 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So I figured out it was because there had already been a cc bath that was placed before the game stopped allowing them. So I deleted the cc bath and replaced with a normal bath and now it works. 

Message 5 of 5 (1,618 Views)