Mods Help Please

by terrbear94

Original Post

Mods Help Please

★★ Novice

my sims 4 game is up to date and I tried to repair it but every time I go to the game properties and then the other option, I click enable mods and custom content and then I also clck on the script mods box too, I click apply changes and then exit my game, add my mods but every time I reload the game the script mods box is unchecked.Can someone please help me Id really like to get some mods on my game. 

Message 1 of 7 (573 Views)

Re: Mods Help Please

Hero (Retired)
@terrbear94

I see no other repair option here than reinstalling the game. The settings in the game options depend on the files in the game installation folder. Theoretically, repairing the game should fix this problem but if that didn't work, the only option is to reinstall the game,

I don't work for EA
Message 2 of 7 (560 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Well thank you for the suggestion.

Edit1: 

would I lose my expansion packs and stuff if I uninstalled the sims 4?

(Mergerd post, don't forget you can edit your own post!) - Atic 

Message 3 of 7 (558 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@terrbear94

Of course not! This is similar to your mail account.
You can access your Origin account from the new computer if you have Origin installed on it and download the same game to this new computer
Message 4 of 7 (505 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey that solution did not work for me, I dont know what to do

Message 5 of 7 (441 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@terrbear94

If it doesn't work for you, move your game folder to the desktop. Launch the game, enable mods options - it doesn't matter that you don't have mods in the game start a new game this the random sim, save and go to Menu to check if these options are still enabled.
You will not lose your saves and library. If it will work you will recover it later.
Message 6 of 7 (418 Views)

★★ Novice

Ok thank you I will try that 

Message 7 of 7 (394 Views)