Issues Since Dec. 12th Patch

by Dashieki

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Issues Since Dec. 12th Patch

★ Novice

My game automatically updated the latest patch, December 12th 2019. Patch 1.59.73.1020, through Origin and I've been having issues ever since. 

First issue: Game speeds up to 3x the speed when the maid comes to clean, when I am home. I've selected the normal speed and it goes back to 3 speed within seconds. 

Second issue: Can no longer take showers. My sims will stay in the shower indefinitely and their hygiene bar does not  increase. Can only take baths to get clean. I have to cancel the shower action in order for them to get out. 

Third issue: My sim stands and waits for the toddler to finish their food before doing any new actions, or actions that are in queue to be done. 

I have mods but took them out, restarted the game and the issues are still happening. I have not put the mods back into the game. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3 (372 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Issues Since Dec. 12th Patch

Champion (Retired)

@Dashieki 

Number 1 and 2 are known problems. Only remedy for number 1 is to fire the maid.

Number 2 only happens with shower/tub combos so use standalone showers or choose to bathe.

Both issues will be fixed in a future patch.

Number 3 is likely mod related so move your Mods folder to the desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If that does not work please make a new post with only this problem and describe in more detail what happens

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (348 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@Dashieki 

Number 1 and 2 are known problems. Only remedy for number 1 is to fire the maid.

Number 2 only happens with shower/tub combos so use standalone showers or choose to bathe.

Both issues will be fixed in a future patch.

Number 3 is likely mod related so move your Mods folder to the desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If that does not work please make a new post with only this problem and describe in more detail what happens

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (349 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you for your reply. I will take the steps for #3 and report back if it does not work. 

Message 3 of 3 (278 Views)