in order to launch this game please login to the ea link to verify ownership

by sinfuldezire

Original Post

in order to launch this game please login to the ea link to verify ownership

★★★ Newbie

Sims castaway will not load. It is asking me to verify ownership. I bought this game on Origin and now its not working anymore.

Message 1 of 2 (867 Views)

Re: in order to launch this game please login to the ea link to verify ownership

[ Edited ]
Hero

@sinfuldezire 

This is a shot in the dark, because I don't exactly know what fixed my Castaway game, but try launching EACoreServer.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\legacyPM\ as Administrator, before launching the game. Also check if it is able to launch with EA App installed and open.

Sorry I can't offer more, but I have never been able to figure out what the exact fix for this is. One time it started working when I installed a disk version of The Sims 3 and it got authorized for use on my PC using SecuROM. It might be random, or there might be multiple things that trigger the fix.

EDIT: Another thing I've just remembered; when I originally registered my Sims 2 games, I had to create a Pogo account and use that to log in to an old EA website that could register codes for old Sims games. And I also logged into Pogo before my Stories games were fixed. So another thing you could try is to sign in to Pogo with your EA account and see if that does anything.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 2 (808 Views)