Disappearing Sims

by wiintersoldierr

Original Post

Re: Disappearing Sims

Champion

@wiintersoldierr , wonderful! Sounds like that is a good number. I wouldn't go over 2GB. Standard smile

Ok, did you want to try and add back your original saved games?

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 11 of 13 (267 Views)

★★ Novice

@Tremayne4260 Yes, I would love to! Sims kept disappearing from my saved games, and I don't know why Frown I would love to get them back and see if that stops happening!

Message 12 of 13 (265 Views)

Champion

@wiintersoldierr , ok, adding back saved games is a bit tricky, but not terribly so. First you need to open your Sims 2 folder in your Library and then open up the Sims 2 folder you saved to your Desktop with your saved games. Now, it would be wonderful if you could simply add back the folders, but you can't as the game won't recognize your folders. So, what you need to do is to open up the Neighborhood folder you have saved games in (so for example Pleasantview is  N001) from your Desktop folder and then open up the same folder in your Library Sims 2 folder. (You should have two files open at the same time). You can copy and paste the files from your Desktop folder into the Library folder and answer "Yes" to copying/overwriting the files in your Library folder. Do this for all the files within the Neighborhood folder (and there are a lot of files there, but you need to copy over all of them). You can simply transfer them over as well. 

I hope this makes sense and if not, please feel free to ask me to clarify anything for you. Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Message 13 of 13 (251 Views)