What I was told by Customer Support: We value your money more than your support as a customer.

by Pup_Griff

Original Post

What I was told by Customer Support: We value your money more than your support as a customer.

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

After an hour on hold, I finally got to talk to someone. Of course I got the run around about not being able to give a refund on Digital Downloads. It was absolutely impossible. Impossible right up to the point that if we run some diagnostics on your machine and determine that it cannot phsycially run SimCity, well ok THEN we could do a refund. But no, under no cirsumstance can we offer refunds. Except in that once instance but let's not focus on that. 

So I asked him, POINT BLANK, you are telling me that our relationship of Customer and Business is meaningless? You'd rather sit on my $60 and loose me as a customer than actually try to make a paying customer happy? I want to verify this is what you are telling me. 

His Reply: "Yes". 

I have gotten TWO refunds from Steam, a company who is also very hard noised about refunds. However, they admitted there was a game that did not work as advertised and they offered my money back. 

Step up EA. Offer your unhappy customers a Refund, no matter WHERE they bought it. (ESPECIALLY if they supported your company and PRE-Ordered it via Origin!) Do the right thing!

[Removed - Admin.]

Message 1 of 5 (878 Views)

Re: What I was told by Customer Support: We value your money more than your support as a customer.

★★ Apprentice

No. I tried that. All of that. That's where I got the phone number from. 

Stop copy and pasting that everywhere, it's NOT a solutuion. 

Message 2 of 5 (809 Views)

Re: What I was told by Customer Support: We value your money more than your support as a customer.

★★★★★ Novice

You know how when you call customer support they record the conversation? Well I record my calls to customer support too. You should try it. Send the recording to EA and best case scenario, they find a new slave to answer the phones. Best to give that job to someone with an ounce of tact.

Message 3 of 5 (793 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

You know your dealing with a great company when they won't refund your money for a defective product, while any thrid party distributors that are selling their defective product are more than happy to give out refunds.  EA/Origins are the only people you cannot get a refund from, and it's their **bleep**ing product

Message 4 of 5 (784 Views)

Re: What I was told by Customer Support: We value your money more than your supp

★ Novice
This is the worse company on the face of the earth! Every year it makes broken products.
Message 5 of 5 (455 Views)