SIMCITY not downloading or installing?

by ThePandaJesus

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SIMCITY not downloading or installing?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just bought SimCity and im trying to install it in Origin but it wont even download, it just says complete but it didn't do anything. Could someone please help me?

Message 1 of 6 (2,022 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: SIMCITY not downloading or installing?

★★★ Newbie

I fixed it i dont know how :eahigh_file:

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (2,158 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I fixed it i dont know how :eahigh_file:

Message 2 of 6 (2,159 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I know that it was a long time ago. but do you remember what you did.

[edit: email address removed].   If you could help this 64 yr.old guy it would be much appreciated.

Message 3 of 6 (1,494 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Gluknick wrote:

I know that it was a long time ago. but do you remember what you did.

[edit: email address removed].   If you could help this 64 yr.old guy it would be much appreciated.

Hi @Gluknick - It sounds like you're having issues getting SimCity to launch? I'll be happy to help if I can, but need some more information to know what's happening. It would be easier if you started your own post, but if you'd rather reply here, that's ok too. Did the game download in Origin? What happens when you click "play"? What kind of computer are using - Windows 10 or Mac? Do you get any error messages?

Here are a couple of things that you should try first:

1. Exit Origin, Reboot your computer, then try again. Sometimes things just need to be cleared out.
  2. Run SimCity and Origin "As Administrator" - Right-click the shortcut on your desktop and choose "Properties", then click on the tab at the top that says "Compatibility". Put a check at the bottom where it says "Run this program as an Administrator" and then click "OK" at the bottom. When you go to run the game, there will be a popup that says something like "this game will make changes to your computer" - don't worry, just click ok. That's a warning from Windows whenever you run something as administrator.
  3. Try uninstalling and reinstalling Origin - an easy way to do this is to click the windows button in the bottom left of your screen, then right-click the Origin shortcut. The menu will show the option to uninstall; just click that and follow the prompts. Then reboot your computer, install Origin again (always "As Administrator") and try SimCity again.
  4. In Origin, right-click the SimCity icon and choose "Game Properties". Uncheck the box that says "Enable Origin in game"

Hope this helps! Happy Building!

Message 4 of 6 (1,479 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Dell. AMD Athlon ll x2 250, 300 Ghz, 64-bit 12GB mem. ATI Radeon HD4200 video
Message 5 of 6 (1,461 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Thanks for the additional info.

Make sure you have the most updated drivers for your video card. Check for drivers here: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Also run Windows Update and make sure you are up to date on patches and fixes for your version. Then follow the steps in my previous post. Report back with any error messages or problems.

Happy Building!
Message 6 of 6 (1,442 Views)