I restored my PC and now I can't run SimCity Limited Edition

by z28_95maro90

Original Post

Accepted Solution

I restored my PC and now I can't run SimCity Limited Edition

★★★ Newbie

I restored my PC and am trying to reinstall and run SimCity Limited Edition (2013) and after updating to the EA Launcher, it is telling me to buy the game. I already own it. I entered the 20-digit alphanumeric code that came with the game and it says it has already been redeemed.  I've owned this game for years, and somehow, there has to be a way to reactivate this game for my computer. It's the same computer as before, just restored, so the install files were erased.  Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 2 (464 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I restored my PC and now I can't run SimCity Limited Edition

Games are stored on an account indefinitely. You do not need to, and cannot, reactivate the code. Make sure you are logged in to the same account you used to activate the game. It's common for people to not log in to the same account after a PC restore. If you still can't find your game, contact EA Help and they should be able to help you with your product code.

Ne lis/réponds pas aux demandes par message privé.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (429 Views)

All Replies

Re: I restored my PC and now I can't run SimCity Limited Edition

Games are stored on an account indefinitely. You do not need to, and cannot, reactivate the code. Make sure you are logged in to the same account you used to activate the game. It's common for people to not log in to the same account after a PC restore. If you still can't find your game, contact EA Help and they should be able to help you with your product code.

Ne lis/réponds pas aux demandes par message privé.
Message 2 of 2 (430 Views)