Youtubers' Feedback (Suggestion)

by TheSprinter85

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Youtubers' Feedback (Suggestion)

Champion

I have yet another suggestion for something that the devs should do, it would not directly affect the game, but they could do this to get feedback on their game and possibly improve on it, or add new content.

For every Youtuber who the developers know, that have posted 1 or more video on Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville, they should create a survey and try and get these Youtubers to complete them. The survey would include questions such as what they like about the game, what they want improved, and those sort of game-related questions? The aim of these surveys would be to use the information that the developers collect from the Youtubers to make actions as necessary upon their game in an update or patch. Youtubers, even ones that have quit the game, like Wolfy and Zero, could still receive the survey and perhaps a question in the survey could be something like "Why did you stop playing Plants vs Zombies: Battle for Neighborville (if applicable)?" 

Again, it's unlikely that this would work out, but as the title states, it is just a suggestion I have made.

Tag me if you want to reply to me. Press Me Too if you like my idea. Have a nice day everyone! Standard smile

Message 1 of 15 (918 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Youtubers' Feedback (Suggestion)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@TheSprinter85 No, they should ask community instead, zero and wolfy are just GW fan boys.

View in thread

Message 2 of 15 (872 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice
@TheSprinter85 No, they should ask community instead, zero and wolfy are just GW fan boys.
Message 2 of 15 (873 Views)

Champion
@wp9isilpq8r Good point, they should communicate with us more on the forum, along with perhaps offering us a survey for us to fill out if we want.
Message 3 of 15 (847 Views)

★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 Great idea, but why would they? They deleted the QOL on Trello, crushing any hopes of a streamer mode, so why will Youtubers continue with the game? They should just dip on it tbh, because the devs don't care.
Message 4 of 15 (811 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@TheSprinter85 I upvoted your post, although I only agree in part. I'm more on the side of @wp9isilpq8r on this one. I know these so called "influencers" (I hate the name itself) can have huge impacts on the success of a game, but most of the ones who play PvZ are terrible, in my opinion. I have stated my opinion on one I particular in the "What the heck is going on at Popcap" thread, so I don't want to repeat myself. In short: I think Wolff is a toxic self-centered person who inspires his "fans" to act the same way he does. He always plays op characters and at the same time gets aggressive at everyone who does the same. And then he celebrates himself if he gets a vanquish streak of like 18 with Soldier and the rapid fire upgrade *facepalm* (this was before the nerf, but it's still possible)

These people are only destructive to the community at the moment. They don't push sales, don't give constructive feedback, spread toxicity and encourage others to stop playing the game.

The game sells very well even without the support of influencers. On PS4 I see many new players every day. I think the game is particularly popular with younger players and their parents. A small marketing campaign could boost the game's sales dramatically. They don't need YouTubes for that, they could just air funny clips like they did for gw2.

Message 5 of 15 (805 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

Thank you for your feedback replies @Shadowphinx101  and @benn1nat0r . 

@Shadowphinx101  Ok, you got me! I didn’t think of it that way. Maybe they should offer our forum community the survey, instead of YouTubers. The only reason I originally suggested YouTubers is because they are large influencers of the game, but then there is us ...

@benn1nat0r  I’m a subscriber of Wolfy, not gonna lie. He has funny content, don’t get me wrong, but after reading your post on him now and the other day, and you not being a fan of him, I’m starting to begin you might be right. He gets mad at a lot of random stuff, as you said he plays a particular character and then abuses them. Then gets mad at others who ditto him. I can totally understand you. Oh well, I suppose it does not matter now. He does not YouTube BFN anymore. Standard smile

EDIT: I basically play the opposite of how Wolfy would. He doesn’t revive, I love reviving players so much that I basically mercy main players. He does not heal, even if I use Steam Blaster, I get top heals in most matches. He focuses on attacking and vanquishes, I prefer Defend and Support characters. He prefers using overpowered characters, Rose and Nightcap are not massively powerful characters are they? I really like those two characters and use them a lot. I think I’ve got my point across. Standard smile

Message 6 of 15 (754 Views)

★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 Yes, more attention to the forum NOT THE REDDIT PopCap
Message 7 of 15 (742 Views)

Champion
@Shadowphinx101 I’m correct right - this is the official forum? Or is this like a CIA website that the devs do not know about?
Message 8 of 15 (738 Views)

★★ Expert
@TheSprinter85 Yes this is the official forum, but their is a pvz reddit, where the devs pay more attention to than this, even tho the majority of the subreddit is loaded with memes and stuff like that. Only times I've seen pvz devs respond here is the monthly patches and the dev who responds frequently to bug reports. Other than that, not many tbh.
Message 9 of 15 (735 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@benn1nat0rTotally agree on Wolfy...love his vids but he is as toxic as players can be so why ask him for feedback. Unlike fortnite none of the bfn youtubers are pros, casual toxic players at best.

Message 10 of 15 (715 Views)