Yet another list of suggested character balancing changes (Not giving up.)

by Superjesse124

Original Post

Re: Yet another list of suggested character balancing changes (Not giving up.)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Superjesse124 wrote:
Super Brainz is too fast. His super jump makes him a difficult target to hit, let alone bring down because of his massive bulk, and his Heroic Kick allows him to close almost any medium distance. The Super Hero has much more health, and the unique function of a super jump. I can understand his great bulk, but that super jump can really throw off enemies trying to gun him down, making the Super Hero difficult to hit as he makes his approach. And please, backing up and shooting? The Super Hero's Heroic Kick will allow him to close ANY medium distance, whether used in on the ground or in the air. He already runs faster than 5/8 Plant classes (I count Torchwood) and has his kick. What else does he need?

And trust me. I have MUCH more time with Super Heroes than anyone else, nearing a total of 200 hours, mostly on Cozmic and Toxic. I've seen more than enough to make my opinions on them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIqbBaJU_mw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lG0ghu1c68

Message 31 of 37 (315 Views)

★ Guide

@IronCatFish47 I fail to see what these videos prove, other than the fact you don't use your abilities or laser.

You're not limited to melee. You have a laser, and it packs quite a punch, itself.

Message 32 of 37 (295 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Superjesse124

so if the chompers speed gets nerfed they will get a laser? Because you are saying that the superbrainz has a laser because hes slow but your previous post you said the super brainz and chomper were fast. 

Message 33 of 37 (291 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@Superjesse124 wrote:

@IronCatFish47 I fail to see what these videos prove, other than the fact you don't use your abilities or laser.

You're not limited to melee. You have a laser, and it packs quite a punch, itself.

I intentionally did not use my laser or abilities to show how SLOW he is in contrast to your statement that he is too fast.  In either video, using the laser would have been a bad idea anyways. The party beam packs no punch outside of party mode.  The Chomper would have just chased me on a roof after being tickled by it and the sunflower walking with the fire cactus both out DPS party beam.

@ShavedThronel0

I think SuperJ forgot he said SuperBrainz was too fast.

Message 34 of 37 (276 Views)

★ Guide

@ShavedThronel0

Chompers don't need a laser. Their high mobility already makes them faster than Soldiers, Engineers, and Pirates, and tied in speed with All-Stars and Superheroes. Need I remind you of how absurdly difficult it is to turn when gooped, how short its cooldown is, and how much it slows Zombies down?

Burrow gives Chomper more speed for a short time, and allows you to swallow a foe without having to worry about getting behind them using Goop.

And when Chomper does get close or feels threatened by a Superhero or Scientist when THEY get close, how about that instant arming Spikeweed? Completely shuts them down, and there's nothing they can do about it.

Chompers and Superheroes both get crazy abilities, have a lot of health, and are surprisingly faster than most other characters in the game, despite being the game's melee / close ranged classes.

Message 35 of 37 (236 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

IronCatFish47 wrote:

I intentionally did not use my laser or abilities to show how SLOW he is in contrast to your statement that he is too fast.  In either video, using the laser would have been a bad idea anyways. The party beam packs no punch outside of party mode.  The Chomper would have just chased me on a roof after being tickled by it and the sunflower walking with the fire cactus both out DPS party beam.

Sure, Superheroes are slow on foot, but his abilities make more than up for it. As I said previously, the Heroic Kick can close any medium distance. I know you should never use your laser when the enemy doesn't know you're there, I'm directly talking about abilities here.

First video. You could've just used Heroic Kick to get up to the Chomper much faster than just running after him. Besides, he had no idea you were behind him in the first place, and didn't even react to the first two sets of punches, so I doubt he would've even heard the sounds from the kick.

Second video. Sure, the Stuffy Flower and Fire Cactus packed more firepower than you, but they also had less health. Even if the Cactus had turned around to you attacking the Sunflower with the laser, the Sunflower would probably be severely damaged, or even vanquished by that point. From there, you could've just used the laser, or even your Super Multi Ball, to vanquish the Fire Cactus.

(Yes, I'm continuing this argument NOW, several days between comments.)

Message 36 of 37 (234 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I admire your commitment, but SB's speed should not be relative to his abilities.  Again, I intentionally did not use the kick on the chomper to illustrate that SB is too slow.  His abilities are not an excuse for being out run by sunflowers and peashooters backing away from him.  The kick's cooldown is low, but not low enough to use in that manner.  It will not be available in every instance nor should an SB player be expected to have one loaded to close distance in unfavorable matchups or situations.  I prefer to save my kick if I can use to escape or dodge an EMPeach.  I rarely use it for damage.

In regards to the second video, I'm a little disappointed by your response. 

Would you 1vs1 an ice cactus with the party beam because it has less health?  As with the Chomper, I intentionally avoid using abilities to illustrate how slow SB is.  I don't know if you are aware or not as to how weak the party beam to suggest I engage a stuffy flower and a fire cactus with it, but its extremely unfavorable. 

Message 37 of 37 (220 Views)