Suggestions

by pulseMOD441

Original Post

Suggestions

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I love this game but just had a few bits of feedback/suggestions that may or may not have been thought of.

1) I think there needs to be an option to not move a plant/zombie when a card has that action. You could simply tap the character you want to affect and then tap again to keep them where they are. Based on some feedback below this doesn't make sense anymore :D

2) The shield ability should be loosely tied to damage instead of completely random. It should stay in the 1-3 ramge but perhaps taking 1-5 damage gives a random chance of 1-3 slots, 6-10 damage gives a random chance of 2-3 slots and 11+ damage gives 3 slots.

3) Just a thought for a possible new game mode. 2v2 where one person has a trick deck and the other person has a creature deck. Both players would play off the same energy pool. I'm not sure a mode like this could be ranked but I think it could be fun casually to play 2v2.

4) I love the drip feed of new cards via the weekly event but it would be nice to see them release a expansion with a new llant and zombie hero and maybe 50 new cards themed for each hero. Even if they only did this once a year I think that would be enough to add some life to the game. This may already be planned but I couldn't find anything for it.

5) Almost forgot a couple things. I'm sure this one is being fixed but ranked matches should stay in your league. I've been matched up against rank 40+ people consistently when I'm only 19.

6) Emotes would be fun to have. Tap and hold on an empty part of the screen to see a radial of emotes that you can use during the match.

Thoughts?

Message 1 of 13 (898 Views)

Re: Suggestions

★★★★★ Guide

Have to strongly disagree on the first one.

The forced action is what makes the game good - because you can sometime predict it and force your opponent to move something even if they wouldn't want to.

Message 2 of 13 (883 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The 2v2 would be interesting if you had 4 very cooperative people to play with, else it would take forever for a turn to go by without frustration.

Message 3 of 13 (875 Views)

★★ Guide

@pulseMOD441 wrote:
6) Emotes would be fun to have. Tap and hold on an empty part of the screen to see a radial of emotes that you can use during the match.

There have been many games, whether won or lost, that I've wanted to send a "good game" message because I just really enjoyed how the game played out, who the god of luck decided to bequeath generously that day, and what they played.  Other emotes or short messages would be cool to be able to toss over as well.

I've also wanted to send poop a few times.

Message 4 of 13 (872 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@jaydabbler wrote:

Have to strongly disagree on the first one.

The forced action is what makes the game good - because you can sometime predict it and force your opponent to move something even if they wouldn't want to.

That's a good point. Thinking about it there's more circumstances where this would be the case rather than wanting to keep someone in place. 

As for the 2v2, I think that's one reason it would definitely need to be a casual mode where nothings really at stake, just having fun with friends or a couple randoms and you don't really care about waiting.  

Message 5 of 13 (864 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
Except the issue Jay mentioned, those are all pretty good ideas. But as he said, ive guessed a sumo was under the rock and place my card in that lane to be moved out. Strategy goes both ways and your opponent should be rewarded for smart play.

I don't necessarily agree on the shield. I find it fine and balanced. Many have found ways to work around it and even work it into their strategy. That being said, the community is so split on it, instead of trying to convince everyone of its merits, i feel it should be chant to something just a bit more manageable. Something that at least *feels* more fair.

I don't really like the idea of tying it to damage... even loosely (even though, tbh, your idea is excellent and i cant see that favoring weak or strong minion builds). My idea is this. It's still random, but first hit could be any. If it's 3 ticks, the next can only be one or two... and the next the one that hasn't activated. Then the cycle starts over. (If the next is 3, the shield would activate and fill +1)

Honestly either or, but i just wanted to give my 2 cents that some do find those work arounds and don't find the system all that unfair.
Message 6 of 13 (849 Views)

★★ Guide

I agree with all suggestion, except the first one. Emotes seems very cool (but not predefined messages, but emotes).

My suggestion is to add a system of world ranking and also by countries where you can see the names of all the best (and maybe also the worst, hehe) players of the world by categories: More stars (Ultimate League), Greater ratio of victory-defeat, Longest time playing in Ranked Matches, etc.

I would also like to have a history of the players we have faced, and personal game statistics, such number of matches played, winning percentage and things like that.

About the shield, in another thread Guacodile42 wrote an idea that I liked a lot:

Guacodile42 wrote:

I do think the block system should change slightly

Whenever you are 2 sections away from a block, the next hit is guaranteed to charge 2 sections, giving you a block.

Whenever you are 3 sections away from a block, it is impossible to charge 3 sections within the next hit.

Message 7 of 13 (832 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@pulseMOD441 wrote:
I love this game but just had a few bits of feedback/suggestions that may or may not have been thought of.

1) I think there needs to be an option to not move a plant/zombie when a card has that action. You could simply tap the character you want to affect and then tap again to keep them where they are.

2) The shield ability should be loosely tied to damage instead of completely random. It should stay in the 1-3 ramge but perhaps taking 1-5 damage gives a random chance of 1-3 slots, 6-10 damage gives a random chance of 2-3 slots and 11+ damage gives 3 slots.

3) Just a thought for a possible new game mode. 2v2 where one person has a trick deck and the other person has a creature deck. Both players would play off the same energy pool. I'm not sure a mode like this could be ranked but I think it could be fun casually to play 2v2.

4) I love the drip feed of new cards via the weekly event but it would be nice to see them release a expansion with a new llant and zombie hero and maybe 50 new cards themed for each hero. Even if they only did this once a year I think that would be enough to add some life to the game. This may already be planned but I couldn't find anything for it.

5) Almost forgot a couple things. I'm sure this one is being fixed but ranked matches should stay in your league. I've been matched up against rank 40+ people consistently when I'm only 19.

Thoughts?

1) Maybe, I don't see anything wrong with it.  But like someone else said, forcing your opponent to move something is part of the fun of the strategy.

2) Nope.  If it was ever based on damage or "One hit = 1 section charges" or anything like that, then the game would either favor cheap rushes over heavy hitters, or heavy hitters over cheap rushes (respectively).  It's hard to explain, but basically, if the block system was changed like this, then it would limit what types of decks people could create.

3) That sounds really cool, but I'm not sure how it would work.  During the plants phase, can two different players play Plant fighters or Plant tricks simultaneously, or would the Plants phase be split into two different phases, one for each player?

4) There is a confirmed new expansion.  But the only new hero in the game files, Betacarrot, has been scrapped.  So, it's unlikely we're going to get any new heroes, and I'd personally prefer it that way.

5) Popcap/EA is working on that, I think.  They've already said they fixed the match-making issue a bit but it doesn't feel like it.  Still, I don't feel like ranks really represent a player's skill, it's really just "how long they've been playing ranked mode".  So, a Rank 11, generally speaking, has a fair battle against a Rank 50, as long as neither players are P2W.

6) YES YES YES YES YES!  I've been wanting an emote feature for a LONG time.  Here's my suggestion for different emotes (BTW, when plants send an emote, the expression would be on a Sunflower, while Zombie's just have a Basic Zombie):

When you tap the speech bubble in the lower right/left corner, a 3x3 grid of emotes appear.

1: Happy face.

2: GG. (Good game)

3: Sad/Crying face.

4: Angry face.

5: Scared face.

6: A "Nice play!" emote (not sure what it would look like).

7: An impatient face. (For when the opponent is taking too long to play)

8: Evil smirk emote. (For when you are about to make an evil play)

9: Facepalm emote.

Message 8 of 13 (819 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Guacodile42 wrote:

@pulseMOD441 wrote:

1) I think there needs to be an option to not move a plant/zombie when a card has that action. You could simply tap the character you want to affect and then tap again to keep them where they are.

2) Nope.  If it was ever based on damage or "One hit = 1 section charges" or anything like that, then the game would either favor cheap rushes over heavy hitters, or heavy hitters over cheap rushes (respectively).  It's hard to explain, but basically, if the block system was changed like this, then it would limit what types of decks people could create.

3) That sounds really cool, but I'm not sure how it would work.  During the plants phase, can two different players play Plant fighters or Plant tricks simultaneously, or would the Plants phase be split into two different phases, one for each player?

Thanks for the feedback on the ideas. On number 2 if you look at my suggestion, i think it should still be random but the number be based on how much damage you're doing. In my example 1-5 damage would still work as it does today, with a random number between 1 and 3. 6-10 would be 2-3. 11+ would be 3. By the time you get to a point where you're hitting with 11+ damage on a single character chances are the opponent won't have that many shields left. This suggestion is more about finding a way to make it balanced. The current setup gives you instant use power cards based on luck. Sure you can try to work a strategy around it but unless you're 1 away you're still hoping for the best.

For number 3 I imagine it would work in a same manner as the game does now. Player 1 would play Zombie Cards, Player 2 and 3 would either be the plants or tricks and player 4 would be zombie tricks. I think all mobile TCGs are 1v1 only and I think it could help bring in more people if you could include more of your friends in a match.

Or maybe you could have a tag battle where each player has a full deck and hero but the play space, 3 shield moves and energy are shared. Each team would only have one manual tag and the tagged out player would be brought back in when the tagged in player died. Each hero could have reduced health as well; 15 max or something. You could also throw in a Tag Battle only shield card that would force the other team to swap Party hat.

Message 9 of 13 (809 Views)

★★ Guide
Already made a post about 2v2 battles I even posted ideas about how it would work, I'm glad I'm not the only 1who wants 2v2 Battles
Message 10 of 13 (794 Views)