Stuck Police Car

by AntneeUK

Original Post

Stuck Police Car

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I bought NFS Rivals yesterday. Went for a quick spin in a Police car and the car got completely stuck. Looking around the car it appeared that the game thought it was still moving (wheels spinning etc) but the car was stuck where it was. Tried again today and I had the same problem. The live chat was stating that I'd be looking at 45 minutes to talk to an agent and being concerned that I only had 24 hours to get my money back if it was fundamentally broken I decided to request a refund before I missed the boat. I went back to the live chat afterwards and it had dropped to 5 minutes. So I requested a chat and tried the game again.

After a few minutes I got a Rommel in support. The conversation went like this:

Spoiler
Rommel: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Rommel. How may I assist you today?
you: Hi
you: I bought NFS Rivals yesterday
you: I tried it once last night and it completely locked up while I was driving
you: Well, I say it locked up, my car just stopped moving and looking around the car it appeared that my wheels were still spinning
Rommel: Yes please continue
you: I have just tried again and it did the same thing
you: This is for the complete edition on the PC
you: I am running Windows 7, Core-i7 3930k, 24GB RAM, nVidia 750ti
you: I was concerned that I'd bought something that does not work so I requested a refund before I get to 24 horus
you: *hours
you: I would prefer that it works properly though
you: Since the game is ~1 year old, is this something that you're familiar with, and do you have a solution?
Rommel: Just to clarify, you want a refund for your game, is that right?
you: Ideally I'd prefer that it works OK
you: I requested a refund in case it's fundamentally broken, to be honest
Rommel: Thank youi.
Rommel: I understand that you want assistance regarding to your game. Let me assist you regarding this matter.
Rommel: May I have your full name and your email address associated with your origin account?
you: My name is Anthony ***
you: My Origin account is AntneeUK
Rommel: Thank you for the information Anthony . Please give me a few minutes while I locate your account.
Rommel: Thank you for waiting.Please answer your Origin security question:
you: ***
Rommel: I will send an email verification in your email to verify the account ownership. Please check your email and provide me the verification code.
you: ***
you: Hmm, the refund was just processed
you: That was fast Frown
Rommel: Thank you. Upon checking your account I found out that you have requested a refund.
Rommel: And I'm sorry to tell that it was approved already and been processed.
Rommel: In this situation, I would suggest that you repurchase the game if you really want to keep it and try it on your new system
Rommel: Are we still connected?
you: We are
you: Does the bug that I reported sound familiar?
you: I don't want to have to buy it again only to have the same problem
you: I must admit that since I've spoken to you that it seemed to be working OK
Rommel: I completely understand that. Rest assured that you money will be back on your account from today till the 11/11/14.
Rommel: Anything else you want to add before we end our conversation?
you: Can you clarify this refund situation? If I change my mind and repurchase, will I effectively have paid for it twice until the refund hits my account?
you: Ultimately, it wasn't the money that I wanted - it was a working game
Rommel: Unfortunately as you have requested a refund earlier before you contacted us via live support, it has been processed automatically. So we are unable to cancel it as your money is on its way back on your funding source.
Rommel: All you need to do is to re purchase it and you are not going to pay it twice rather just one as the refund that you have requested was on its way now
you: OK, but the fault that prompted me to request teh refund?
Rommel: I'm sorry. Can you elaborate that
you: Where my car just appeared to get stuck
Rommel: I'm sorry. Can you elaborate that. What car are your referring to
you: You're confusing me now
you: The car in NFS: Rivals
you: I reported at the beginning of this chat that I had a problem where my car was appearing to get stuck
Rommel: Yes, it will as you don't own the game anymore
Rommel: Repurchase the game so it will be updated
Rommel: Is there anything else I can help you with aside from this?
you: No
you: The problem started yesterday
you: I bought the game and in my first attempt it locked up
you: I tried again today and it did the same again
Rommel: We appreciate your patience and understanding. If you need further assistance with this or any other issue with your EA games, please don't hesitate to contact us back.
you: I'm not done
you: You never dealt with my original issue
Rommel: Yes, and it will surely now and you don't own the game anymore
Rommel: Re purchase the game and check it on your end
Rommel: Is there anything else I can help you with aside from this?
you: If you or anyone at EA thinks I'm going to repurchase the game, you'll give me some tips on how to deal with the original issue
you: Is it an issue that you're aware of?
Rommel: I do apologize however, you reach the account and billing department/
Rommel: Your issue needs to be transferred to department. However, you need to have the game in order me to transfer your chat
you: How, when I started the chat by selecting in game issues
Rommel: So I strongly suggest that you purchase the game first and check it on your end
you: You strongly suggest that I buy the game that I have been having problems with in order to see whether there's an issue or even a resolution?
Rommel: I believed that I already provided all the information that you needed. I will now end the chat. Thank you for contacting EA Customer Support. I hope you enjoy the rest of the day!
The chat session has ended. Please contact us again if you need further help.

And with that I was cut off!

So two things here:
  1. There was a problem that I never got an answer about, so I don't know if it's worth repurchasing the game or not and
  2. The support was utterly disgusting. Rommel paid zero attention to my actual issue and the ignorant sod cut me off without even dealing with my issue, recommending that I buy the game again before I can get an answer about whether there is a problem or not.

I can't find a way to complain about the support, so I'm posting it here hoping that someone will spot it and give Rommel some feedback in the form of a boot up the **bleep**, but also to see whether anyone can actually answer the question. Not that I'm sure that there's any point - my recent history with EA is so bad that I don't know that I even want the game any more. I'm more inclined to just bin off Origin completely and never buy another EA game in my life. Oh, and I requested an email transcript of the chat but it never made it to my inbox or my spam. Typical

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: adding Spoiler Tag for the Chat logs

Message 1 of 5 (1,136 Views)

Re: Stuck Police Car

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Have you tried repairing your game?

Message 2 of 5 (1,127 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't know what that means, sorry. It was a fresh install so I'd be surprised if it was corrupted, if that's what you mean

Message 3 of 5 (1,116 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@AntneeUK 

Unplug all USB devices (aside from the mouse and keyboard) and try the game again.

You might want to try repairing the game. A corrupted file may occur when you download the game files (for digital copies) even if it's a fresh install.

Message 4 of 5 (1,112 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the tip. To be honest, having thought about it further, I'm really annoyed at the original agent and the game wasn't even that good and I only bought it because I liked Most Wanted so much. Rivals is missing the town/city feel that Most Wanted had and seems to have you just out on the main roads around the county. I'm just not feeling the world in Rivals. I don't think I'm going to bother buying it again. There are better games (and companies) that deserve my time and money. Thanks anyway

Message 5 of 5 (1,110 Views)