Radar Detecter & Police Chatter?

by snakeheadinvad3

Original Post

Re: Radar Detecter & Police Chatter?

★★ Guide

@XGCSith that would be really stupid tbh. police radios don't exactly have a range and police radios also don't get special information they all get the info or no one gets the info. the only thing that could ever have an upgradable range would be the radar detector. 

Message 11 of 27 (486 Views)

★ Guide
I mean to upgrade the detector maybe, but the police chatter should be implented from the beginning. More atmosphere, better coordination etc.. I remember when this game wasn't about buying weapons and upgrades for everything. Just racing and tuning...
Message 12 of 27 (482 Views)

★★ Guide

@HowlingBeast here's the thing though, in real life you wouldn't start off with this stuff. if anything the radar detector would always be the first thing you get. the idea isnt for weapons or whatever, its just an added element of progression. and I think you should have to earn valuable information like what the police say on the radio. 

Message 13 of 27 (480 Views)

★ Guide
In real life you would die driving with 60mph into a wall. I mean I get your point, but games shouldn't be realistic IMO. But how I said, to upgrade the radar is ok, but the police chatter should be for everybody right away be available.
Message 14 of 27 (478 Views)

★★ Guide

@HowlingBeast games should be realistic to the extent of it being fun. and i think that the added layer of progression would make the game more fun.

Message 15 of 27 (471 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

here's an idea for radar upgrade: add pursuit breakers icons on map like in the old most wanted but IMO there should be only a few since that would be an easy way out

also add hiding spots icons and again very few and only spots not visible from the road should be used

Message 16 of 27 (461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@anti-loser1 that would be a cool upgrade as well, but I still stick by the Radar and Police radio having to be unlocked before using them. 

but NFS15 had a kind of cool down spot mechanic. if you pulled into a dark area and shut your car off the police wouldn't come after you even if they were looking right at you. I'm not sure if I preferred most wanted mechanic or the 2015 mechanic. 

Message 17 of 27 (456 Views)

Champion (Retired)
My thinking is, it is a game after. Have to some sort of upgrade available. In real life it is different, as we all know here.
Message 18 of 27 (444 Views)

★★ Guide

for me i just want to earn my police radio. i dont want to have any info until i earn it. 

Message 19 of 27 (435 Views)

★★ Expert

@anti-loser1 

Well, as for me and my Blvd69 Crew we care nothing about the useless Cops in the game!

However, I really don't think N.F.S. needs any cop radio upgrades...the default program works just fine.

Thanks for your idea...have a pleasant day! 

Message 20 of 27 (429 Views)