I have an idea for the next NFS game (2019)

by GuiLTheGr8

Original Post

I have an idea for the next NFS game (2019)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yes, I know this is a NFS Payback forum, but I didn't find any section named "suggestions for future games" so yeah lol (if there is one let me know).

I have an idea for the next NFS that I think could be really interesting.

The general idea is that instead of the game focusing more on modern car culture and being set in the present, like now, why not make it focused in classic car culture and maybe even set in the past? Let us have a lot of hot-rods (ford model T, A, Coupe), low-riders (Impala, Bel Air) and muscle cars (Chargers, Camaros)!

And since we're talking about old cars, why not put in some kind of restoration mechanic  in which you have to restore the car part by part to make it look brand new (or not, in case you want to make a rat-rod or something like that)? Basically, a really advanced version of the NFS Payback derelicts lol

And maybe add in an auction just like in the forza series where we can sell our restored cars that we put a lot of effort into.

Have you ever watched the Tv shows Overhaulin' or Counting Cars? What about having two different teams that represent these two different shows, and let us pick one of them and assist them in a competition of who is the best company? Aside from racing, we could sabotage the other team, by stealing their cars or something, and the game would have a TV show atmosphere, which would add to the stupidness of everything (tony hawk's underground comes to mind, except it would be a little less wierd and cringy lol).

Also, just like in Counting Cars, there would be a mechanic where you would see someone in the world driving a really rare and awesome car, and you could stop by this person's car and make offers for it. This way, your car would be REALLY unique, because you adquired it in the streets, not in a store like everybody else (although they would still be present), AND these street-adquired cars would have special atributes that the normal dealership cars wouldn't have. Also you could find them in junkyards or abandoned throughout the world, just like in Payback with the derelicts.

The customization would be really deep mechanically speaking, you would have the ability to change individual motor pieces and do engine swaps, also the components of the car would wear over time and you would need to replace them (inspired by games like Street Rod, Car Mechanic Simulator, etc, although not as detailed). And the parts would be more specific for each car, so there would be incompatibilities between components. Because of this level of detail the game would need to have a Semi-Arcade handling (like PGR or Test Drive Unlimited) instead of full-on arcade, so you could feel these changes on the track but still have some fun. Also, you could build a hot-rod from the ground-up. Stock model T to V8 model T hot-rod? How awesome would that be!?

Police would be back and ROAMING THE OPEN WORLD, but they would use classic cars like Chargers, and the chases would feel a lot like Dukes of Hazzard.

Also have car meets in the game (really requested feature I think), because they would work so well in the context of this game.

The soundtrack should feature a LOT of classic rock, blues, country and jazz, and the game should be set in a city or area that makes reference to classic car culture, like Vegas or LA (an imitation of them, of course).

I think this idea is interesting because, as far as i'm concerned, no recent or future games are doing something like this: focusing on classic cars, restoration, etc., and I can remember some pretty good games that did this, like FlatOut and Street Rod. Mix the setting and the general idea of these games with the best of the NFS franchise, and I think the result could be REALLY awesome.

ADDITIONAL IDEAS:

Garage customization (visually and structurally) and the possibility to walk freely inside it, rearrange the cars and interact with objects and other players in it.

Track editor (like GTA5 or MC:LA)

Interior customization (maybe)

Simple character customization

Closed circuit races as well as normal open world races (NFS: U2)

Betting and relationships between adversaries and/or teammates (Juiced)

Advanced damage and having to fix it by spending money (NFS Pro Street)

Detailed drag races (Pro Street aswell)

Or if this is all just too complicated to make or something, just make the next game to be set in Tokyo and call it Underground 3 or something, it would also be nice. LMAO

I would love to hear what you guys think about my idea(s), your personal additions to it, your ideal NFS 2019 and/or some constructive criticism! Also there is a possibility that I forgot some things.

Message 1 of 25 (6,030 Views)

Re: I have an idea for the next NFS game (2019)

Champion (Retired)
I like a lot of these ideas. I think it shoiuld have a drag racing feel to it, especially with the old hot rod/muscle car aspect but also have it free roam too. And bring cops. Have it be one of those old underground hot rod racing days. I think that would be cool.
Message 2 of 25 (5,943 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Thanks a lot man! Glad you like it, its good to know that im not the only one who likes old school cars and car culture. And I definetly agree about the drag race aspect. I hope someone at Ghost reads this thread and maybe even considers the idea.
Message 3 of 25 (5,909 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Oh yeah, I love old Muscle cars. My dream car is a 1969 Camaro z/28. I love the sound of an old big block or small block with a big lumpy cam and straight pipes. 

Message 4 of 25 (5,905 Views)

★ Guide

Muscle cars family!! :D

Message 5 of 25 (5,887 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Let's just say, I will probably have quite a few muscle cars in this game lol.
Message 6 of 25 (5,880 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i hate all muscle cars except the corvette and only the last 2 models. i like what u said but 4 me switch out the muscle 4 exotics and hyper cars 

Message 7 of 25 (5,739 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
What? That is a dumb move. If there were all hyper cars or super cars in a NFS game, I would never buy that game. Id rather not heard the sound of high revving v10s or v12s all of the time. Have some diversity. The Corvette has never been a muscle car. Its always been a sports car.
Message 8 of 25 (5,728 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

• no offensive language (especially those avoided during the day by American broadcast TV and radio: F-word, S-word, etc.) and/or the option to play the game without seeing or hearing offensive language (including mild profanity)

• no offensive language in trailers (including partial/suggestive swearwords as in https://www.youtube.com/embed/ybZ5nchDm6o?rel=0)

Message 9 of 25 (5,643 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So you're willing to drop a game because of the cars offered but have a problem with those who'll do the same for their own reasons?  That's lame.

As for the Corvette, it's a Super Muscle car.  The Viper was one also.  Essentially if it's got two seats, four wheels, and uses some kind of V8 or larger engine (where the engine is located in front) then it's considered a Super Muscle car.

Message 10 of 25 (5,610 Views)