Can't use my steering wheel

by StuartTheFish

Original Post

Can't use my steering wheel

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I recently bought the PC version of the latest NFS game, with the intention of using my steering wheel and pedals since it claimed to have full wheel support. Now I have the game though, it seems to only have support for a very small number of wheels, and doesn't simply allow you to bind controls from any? My wheel is a Logitech Driving Force GT wheel, which works brilliantly on all the rest of my driving games, including the 2012 version of Most Wanted. However, this newest release doesn't even register the fact it's there. The only way I can get the game to see it is if I use the 64bit version of a program called x360ce, which basically allows you to bind any controller input windows sees as an xbox360 controller, which the game can then pick up, by making custom xinput dll files in the install folder of the game. This works briefly when I start navigating the main menu, but then the game crashes. This crash doesn't happen if I don't use the x360ce made dll files, but it's the only way I can get the game to even see my wheel. Is there anything I can do to make it work?

Message 1 of 2 (300 Views)

Re: Can't use my steering wheel

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Right, just managed to get x360ce working without crashing the game. It was making multiple dll files since different games recognise different ones. Seems NFS saw several and caused a conflict, so crashed. Using just Xinput9_1_0.dll works. But that said, it's still not as good as proper game support would be, since I have no force feedback, and I have a massive dead spot in the steering before it'll actually turn. I've been able to adjust the sensitivity of the throttle and brake to make it give me full pedal travel, but I can't decrease the steering dead zone, only increase it. Is there anything I can do? Or can you guys make it so that the game isn't tied to just that small selection of wheels?

Message 2 of 2 (296 Views)