"Interrupt"-ing Passes is Impossible (BAP D-Men)

by JBK12345678

Original Post

"Interrupt"-ing Passes is Impossible (BAP D-Men)

★★★ Novice

The first X-Factor trait is pretty easy to unlock as a defensemen in BAP: blocking shots and getting above like a B rating. Then the 'parity' so to speak, falls off a cliff. The goal set of "interrupting" passes almost never registers - hindering your x-factor progress pretty much indefinitely (I gave it 50 games of the regular season and the entire playoffs and managed 3). Since then, I've done some 'experiments', and found that blocking a pass, in addition to actually intercepting a pass, does not register under this category. However, I still manage to get a small number, so I'm thinking that the code for "interrupt 'X' passes" corresponds to an in-game event that's entirely unrelated. Please fix devs

Message 1 of 14 (2,121 Views)

Re: "Interrupt"-ing Passes is Impossible (BAP D-Men)

★★★ Novice
@JBK12345678 P.S please consider making cut-scenes optional. Especially after your first season - it feels like their only purpose is to slow down the game.
Message 2 of 14 (2,120 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm pretty sure they make the start of BAP heavy on the "storyline" stuff, just to get you passed that trial.  Once they know you own it, they couldn't give a *.  I doubt anyone really plays this game at EA aside from testers

Message 3 of 14 (2,039 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 4 of 14 (1,954 Views)

Community Manager

Hello everyone,

This is an issue we're aware of and investigating. When we have an update, there should be an announcement on our official channels.

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 14 (1,916 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Any update? I’m getting pretty frustrated and rage quitting. I only play Be a pro and can’t progress through the X factor traits that I’d like.
Message 6 of 14 (1,707 Views)

★★★★ Novice
So I got the challenge done. I played 20minutes periods and basically did nothing but sit in the slot when defending. You absolutely NEED 85+ on defensive awareness. I was doing the challenge with an 78-84 and it was not counting puck intercepts. You MUST come up with clear puck possession after the pass. It does not count blocked passes.
Message 7 of 14 (1,492 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

sorry, I'm not sure what you mean about clear puck possession. I just started trying to get this ability along with heatseeker. can you please elaborate? and hey EA can you hurry up with the fix please.

Message 8 of 14 (1,400 Views)

★ Novice

Here it is, January 2023, and it's still FUBAR. What gives? 

Has there been a clear fix for this? It is currently counting (maybe) 5% of my actual interrupted passes. That's being generous. 

Is there a special slider combo to select? Tips, hints, a freaking cheat? I don't care if you guys got something wrong, but there needs to be a concrete fix. I've gotten the other tasks covered 10x over, and am stuck at 10 interrupted passes.

As a consumer, I expect to get what is advertised. 

Message 9 of 14 (798 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is ridiculous, I’ve “interrupted” multiple passes  on top of half the time the puck just goes straight through me and I only have 4 count. I’m just trying to work through the X-Factors man.

Message 10 of 14 (715 Views)