Windows blocked our attempt to download game content

by IDK817

Original Post

Re: Windows blocked our attempt to download game content

★ Novice

Found this thread because had same issue.

Uninstalled origin installed again and it's ok.

hope that will work for others too.

Message 21 of 109 (4,040 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

ManOnTh3Edg3 - Was it a clean uninstall or just removed the app? As I've got the same issue atm D:

Message 22 of 109 (3,947 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah I'm having the same issue since the recent update..

I've did everything that was mentioned in this forums like clearing caches, deleting files and re-downloading it completely.. And now after I've re-installed origin.. I don't get message but look at my game folder.. All of them have been blurred and I can't see my games.. Like I can't even update them.. They're all blurred

Message 23 of 109 (3,861 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Predator_numbah9 Reload page by pressing Ctrl+R or Origin>Reload Page
Message 24 of 109 (3,804 Views)

★★★ Novice

I uninstalled, checked that the Program Files (X66)/Origin folder was empty, then replaced it with the same folder from a computer that worked. Probably could have just installed it from the web. Anyway, it worked, while deleting cache had not. Uninstalling Origin does not uninstall the games or delete the account, everything worked once I logged in. 

Message 25 of 109 (3,725 Views)

★ Apprentice

Cleared cache, I think. It's empty anyways.  uninstalled Origin. Ran it as administrator. Still get the same message windows won't allow updates. I went to Firewall, Sims4 is allowed. I am not computer savvy I am trying to fix this for my kid. At this point I'd rather get a refund and forget Origin ever existed but my daughter wants to play. If it were not for her I'd forget this nightmare.

This should NOT be this damn  hard.  I have Steam, Blizzard  and Epic games client, that have never had this problem,. What the hell is wrong with EA?

EA should fix this so people who spend their money on games don't have to go through this crap. I am so sorry I ever DL Origin / Sims4.

Message 26 of 109 (3,662 Views)

★ Apprentice

Also..."Origin needs to download files and is waiting for permission. Please choose "Yes" when Windows prompts you for permission."

I do NOT get a prompt by Windows. I have tried it with the slider moved all the way up, all the way down, and somewhere in the middle. What a cluster**** of a game client.

Message 27 of 109 (3,661 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue as OP. The thing is I have the PC know-how and work in IT and not even standard steps work properly. Absolute clean reinstall with restart in between made thing even worse as I can see only placeholders for my games in library now. No names, no pictures, no play or update button. Origin just beaten epic store on the worst game platform of all times.

Message 28 of 109 (3,476 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having the same issue and finally uninstalled origin the hard way and it worked for me.

Message 29 of 109 (3,419 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ok, so I was wrong.  it didn't work for me, it looked like it was going to by verifying game files but then stopped again when the update started.

Message 30 of 109 (3,410 Views)