[Old Report] Mass Effect Andromeda wont open after new patch

by Devils_Cruelty

Original Post

Re: mass effect Andromeda wont open after new patch

Champion (Retired)

@justingirishHave you changed your country settings on the pc to English UK?  If its set to English Irish it wont work ...

Message 571 of 625 (1,856 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Guys, I tried it all and did not work for me. I remembered having the same issue with BF One.

I set Origin AND MEA to run as Admin and then it started working.

May help some of you, gl.

Message 572 of 625 (1,814 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the replies, yesterday's patch fixed it for me, though I did lose my previous saves . . . such a shame I had to start a new game, not. :-) My new Ryder is looking good, love the new head for Sara.

Message 573 of 625 (1,791 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just set the MassEffectAndromeda.exe to compatibility mode for Windows 8 (while using Windows 10). Works again.

Something really bad happened with the update i guess...

Message 574 of 625 (1,553 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Why are they allowed to release such buggy trash is beyond me...False advertisment at their best.

Message 575 of 625 (1,466 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello everyone,

After MONTHS of waiting, my game is working AGAIN. On my old Windows 7. No update, no modification, no install and everything.
I just deleted that game and live on, UNTIL, i heard that on 1.09 update, the DENUVO anti-piracy DRM will be removed.

And i just remembered that, on another topic of an another EA game (and maybe on this topic too), a "pissed off" customers talk about BEX64 error and DRM.

It happens that HE WAS RIGHT. And, i'm sure, even if i dont have proof and this is my only opinion, that YOU KNEW from the begining that DENUVO anti-piracy DRM was the malfunction since there was previous issues with it.

So, i justed wanted to say to everyone, DONT INSTALL ANYTHING, DONT TOUCH YOUR FILE SYSTEM, it was, like a 100 posts said on this thread, EA FAULT FROM THE BEGINING.

Next time, grab your guts, and realese a statement to warn customers that "your OS must be COMPATIBLE with YOUR anti-piracy sh**".

Bullshiting your clients from April and update 1.02 to July and update 1.09....... It's a shame !!

Dont delete my message, or at least, spread the word that game is functionly AGAIN. Maybe we will be more than 3 users on an Online Game....

Have a good day !

Message 576 of 625 (1,441 Views)

@PatocheDarkspore

@PatocheDarkspore wrote:

Hello everyone,

After MONTHS of waiting, my game is working AGAIN. On my old Windows 7. No update, no modification, no install and everything.
I just deleted that game and live on, UNTIL, i heard that on 1.09 update, the DENUVO anti-piracy DRM will be removed.

Well, if you deleted the game you had to install it again, haven't you?

@PatocheDarkspore wrote:

It happens that HE WAS RIGHT. And, i'm sure, even if i dont have proof and this is my only opinion, that YOU KNEW from the begining that DENUVO anti-piracy DRM was the malfunction since there was previous issues with it.

True, you don't have any proof for this accusation, plus you blame the wrong bunch.

Developer need the extra protection of their games in the critical first months.

Developer and gaming companies would not spend money on DRM mechanisms if people would not pirate games, that is the simple truth.

So if you don't like DRM, blame the people who pirate games.    

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 577 of 625 (1,432 Views)

★★★ Novice

@holger1405

You couldn't be more irrevelant with your post....

If i deleted the game, it was AFTER the release of a buggy update. An update which broke the game. A game, with a cost, that was functional.
AND, the last instalation, with the 1.09 version, didn't require ANY of the solution post here, like the first time i installed the game on my computer.

Which by the way, make this whole thread useless since the error came from the compagny who made the game.

Second, if you had a little more knowledge about DRM history, you should know that in the early 2000's, CD maker like Sony put some antipiracy * and make the product, the compact disc, unable to be read in most of the CD car player. They have to remove it because customers could not use the product they bought. it's anti-capitalist you know ?

And like i said, they alread had  issues with the BEX64 error on others EA games. So the DENUVO problem is not new, it's usless to EA to put his head in the sand like an ostrich. No need 58 pages on a forum, just a statment from the beginning on page 1. "Check if your system is DENUVO compatible, or delete it." Simple no ?

Last but not least, DENUVO was crack the first week after the 1.02 update, and now it's remove on 1.09. Google it, you dont have to trust me on word.

So much about protection......

It was an ERROR and EA try to make it go under the radar.

So your reply about "anti-piracy and protect game" doesn't worth a penny.

Anyway, the final word is, DONT TOUCH YOUR FILE SYSTEM. Just re-install the game now that THE PROBLEM, made by EA, is FIXED !

Have a good day.

Message 578 of 625 (1,423 Views)

[ Edited ]

@PatocheDarkspore

First, every Windows system that can run MEA is Denuvo compatible. 

Second, your guess that Denuvo is responsible for the Bex64 error is just that, a guess.

@PatocheDarkspore wrote:

Last but not least, DENUVO was crack the first week after the 1.02 update, 

True, but  then it was reinforced with patch 1.05. And btw 10 days with a working DRM = a lot more sales in this 10 days than without a working DRM.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This is a players helping players forum, I don't work for EA.
Dies ist ein Spieler helfen Spielern Forum, ich arbeite nicht für EA.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Death closes all: but something ere the end, Some work of noble note, may yet be done, Not unbecoming men that strove with Gods.
Ulysses - Alfred, Lord Tennyson
Message 579 of 625 (1,410 Views)

★★★ Novice

ok I am getting really pised off. I just got this game today and it's not working I have tried all the thing that is said to work and nothing. I loved the other three games and was looking foreword to playing this one wtf. Can I play one game with out this * happening. Oh and this is what is in my documents folder no setting

Message 580 of 625 (1,112 Views)