Need option to turn off SAM's temperature/etc warnings

by Alicondria

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need option to turn off SAM's temperature/etc warnings

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

copy/paste of my ticket to EA help, they told me to repost it here...

I got to the Kett base on the ice planet and SAM is verbally harassing me. The base is scattered with the heat things and every time I run towards one or away or even get in the general vicinity while heading somewhere else, SAM tells me "the temperature is normal" or "the temperature is falling". I figured that interaction out about 5 minutes into the zone and this is just getting completely annoying. I was forced to stop playing a few minutes ago because I feel like I'm about to go crazy due to SAM's incessant griping. I need a way to make SAM stop telling me when the temperature changes.

I also want a way to make it stop doing the popup notifications in the center of the screen since I can already see when the life support needs change in the lower left of the screen.

Turning off the mining zone notifications would also be nice.

Message 1 of 39 (9,290 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need option to turn off SAM's temperature/etc warnings

[ Edited ]
Hero

For those on PC who want to disable the majority of SAM's voice prompts, here's a mod that does this:

http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectandromeda/mods/111/?

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 29 of 39 (10,514 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback, I've seen some similar sentiment before. 

While there's no workaround for now, hopefully some sort of switch or "SAM Intrusiveness" slider can be patched in later.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 39 (9,183 Views)

★ Apprentice

GOD YES PLEASE. I love Sam but these warnings are so annoying 60 hours in, lmao.

Message 3 of 39 (9,176 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

EA_David, the dev team is aware of this problem, correct? As it is, the singleplayer is completely unplayable for me anymore until a fix for this is found.

Message 4 of 39 (9,156 Views)

★★★ Novice

For the love of all that is anything, I need it to stop talking. Did they think this was a good idea? I figured he'd say it once and then that would be it. We get the warning message AND sam all the time? For real? I'm 30 hours in and want to die. That's not even mentioning walking past quest areas more than once and having you, and your squadmates, repeat the same thing over and over.

Message 5 of 39 (9,138 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Does Bioware even see stuff in this forum? How do I bring this to their attention?

Message 6 of 39 (9,110 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Message 7 of 39 (9,085 Views)

★★★ Novice

Two reddit topics in different mass effect forums https://www.reddit.com/r/MassEffectAndromeda/comments/60zb7j/make_sam_stop/ 

I say this means it needs to be done.

Message 8 of 39 (9,077 Views)

This is the official forum for BioWare tracking issues.

It's most likely to be picked up here.

Mostly following BioWare & Star Wars games. Old timer. Helping out here does not mean I work for EA so I don't have all the answers. Also hangs out on BSN. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 9 of 39 (9,061 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yes please! The game is practically unplayable. SAM keeps harassing me every 5 seconds with the same lines over and over and over again. Why was this necessary? We can already see by looking at the UI what's happening. Not to mention you reinforce it 3 times! First the UI tells you exactly what's going on. Second there is a pop up that warns you, and third SAM keeps telling me what's going on. I only need the first option thank you. Please give us an option or switch or something to tone this down. I can't play it, it's driving me insane.

On a much cheerier note. The game is fantastic! I really like it. I've never felt this good since the first game! Thank you so much. 

I can overlook certain issues, I know it's a gigantic game, but this part, I had to stop because it's insanly annoying. Anyway. I hope this gets resolved soon. Untill then I have to put my walkthrough on hold.

Message 10 of 39 (9,047 Views)