Mass Effect WILL NOT LAUNCH

by Woodcuttering

Original Post

Mass Effect WILL NOT LAUNCH

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have tried anything any normal person can try, ran it as administrator, ran the .exe, ran Origin as administrator, disabled cloud storage, enabled cloud storage, uninstalled and reinstalled both Origin and Mass Effect (cost me 10gb on a limited supply) created a new launcher and ran the latest patch, need a new key though, great, just great. So my question is, can EA somehow make this great game somewhat more accessible to their audience on Origin or can they at least provide me with a new CD key so I can find out if running that patch with a new launcher exe actually worked. 

Message 1 of 3 (324 Views)

Re: Mass Effect WILL NOT LAUNCH

Community Manager

@Woodcuttering Hey, just so I understand, does the game appear to be installed correctly? Is there a panel in Origin for your Mass Effect? Where did you purchase the game initially? Do you still have access to your initial product key?

Thanks.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 3 (304 Views)

Re: Mass Effect WILL NOT LAUNCH

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

The game appears to be installed, I also have Crysis 2 installed and it works fine, the file size of the game in the Origin Games folder is the correct size to what it said it was installing.

I'm not sure what you mean by panel.

I recently purchased a new PC and used Origin to install Mass Effect, then I ran into these problems.

When I open the game after running the patch it already has a CD key in the text box, and to my understanding this is the initial product key when bought with Origin, however it does not work.

It seems that all I need to make this game work is a new CD key.

Message 3 of 3 (295 Views)