Cant continue game due to gameplay error.

by egoconnor

Original Post

Cant continue game due to gameplay error.

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to play the mission "Search for the Stolen Remnant Drive Core" and i am on the part of the mission where i need to trace the path of the stolen drive and retrieve but when I get to the crashed transport vessel the data pad that i need to find will not activate for me to move on. It loos like there is a glitch where it wont let me complete the mission. Is anyone else having this problem?

Message 1 of 5 (508 Views)

Re: Cant continue game due to gameplay error.

★★★★ Apprentice

Did you try logging out of the game and then logging back in? I had an issue with an NPC that wouldn't interact with me and I left the game. When I logged back in I was able to interact with the character and queue the dialog sequence.

I hope that works for you as well.

Message 2 of 5 (498 Views)

★★★ Newbie

thanks for the reply. and yes I restarted the game, I left the mission and completed other ones in its place. I left the world and came back to it. it snot loading and its really annoying. since i need it to progress. Thanks though.

Message 3 of 5 (494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Did you use a sniper rifle?

I used a sniper rifle and the problem is,  a problem that occurs every now and then in the game,   that the objective did not properly trigger.  So when I killed the Kett the approached,  it couldn't complete because there were no kett to kill.

Sometimes you can fix it by going to a different world,  doing a job somewhere,  and going back.   If that doesn't work you have to reload a save.   (Which is why I'd recommend reloading your autosaves first (Starting with the last one in the list),  before you lose a convienient autosave).

Message 4 of 5 (483 Views)

★★ Pro

Sometimes the issue with killing Kett not being done is a cloaked creature around that was missed. They can be hard to find..

Sometimes the issue with quests not trigging properly is a very specific location marker not being passed or stepped on to say you are in the area of the datapadd. So you need to walk around a lot to find the spot. Often related to triggering dialogue related to the quest.

Also sometimes there's something you have to scan first. So make sure you have scanned everything.

Message 5 of 5 (476 Views)