Painful experience with EA support and help playing online...

by MrHero736

Original Post

Painful experience with EA support and help playing online...

★★★ Newbie

Apologize extremely in advance for the long post, this is partly to vent about my experience and partly to ask for help from anyone. Just bought this game last week and it was the first EA game I bought since 2014ish when I had an Xbox 360. I’m using my old gamer tag and it’s linked to an EA account with an old email address I don’t have access to anymore (from over like 10 years ago) and I can’t remember the password to it. Since I don’t have access to the email, I can’t reset the password, so I’ve been trying to work with EA customer service to try to either link a new EA account to my gamer tag or update my information. I have submitted several account recovery forms and have been on the phone with them several times, and have had an AWFUL experience. Here’s how the calls have went:

1st call: Person told me that only way I could get access to my EA account for my situation was the account recovery form, and that the 1st one I submitted was no good, and to keep guessing at the questions (mind you, this is mostly information from 5+ years ago). Otherwise I have no other options, obviously I’m not very happy.

2nd call: I resubmitted the account recovery form and only response I got was to check out the EA help pages. I call again and mid-call the person stops talking... I can still hear them breathing on the other line but they’re not responding to anything I say, which I thought was weird but hung up.

3rd call: THIS WAS THE WORST! Person I talked to completely made up something. He said I filled out my email on the form incorrectly and they sent a response to that email. He said that in the response, I was instructed to change my privacy settings on my Xbox to allow messages from outside sources as EA was trying to send me a code via Xbox messages, and that I needed to enter the code to get access. I thought this was weird but went with it, changed my privacy but still no message from EA. Well turns out, I researched a little bit and EAs policies specifically state that they would NEVER contact a customer through Xbox messages.

4th call: I immediately request a call back after doing this research, and right when I answer, the phone gets hung up on me...

5th call: Tells me completely different information before and that the EA account recovery team is still reviewing the case. I ask why the other person told me all this stuff about changing my privacy and getting messages, and the person on this call avoids answering, and after a while my call gets dropped...

6th call: right after, I request a call again and immediately ask to speak with a supervisor. Person goes on to tell me that the supervisor is busy and all the supervisor will say is that I have 2 options: one is to make a new gamer tag (so I would essentially have to pay for gold again just to play this game online), or to contact my email provider to try to get access (keep in mind this is an email that has been inactive for about 10 years). I keep asking to speak with the supervisor, at which point he goes and “checks” if they are available, which he tells me they are not. I ask why I’ve been told different things on my previous calls, and this person admits that I’ve been told mistaken information by a confused new call center person... and that my only option is to wait for the EA account recovery team to review my case and he essentially tells me to stop calling because each time I do, my case gets put to the back of the line.

So couple hours after my last call today, I look at my past cases. Previously I could see 2, one I was making the calls on and one I had filed my account recovery form with. When I check, the one I was making the calls on is no longer there (not resolved or anything, but deleted completely), so I am extremely suspicious but will wait to see how this all plays out...

Does anyone have any advice to try to get into my EA account or link my gamertag to a new one? Or even just deal with EA customer service? This has been extremely frustrating for me, all I want to do is play the game I paid for... sorry again for the super long post...

Message 1 of 3 (391 Views)

Re: Painful experience with EA support and help playing online...

Community Manager

Hi @MrHero736

It's unfortunate to hear about your whole experience with our Support team. Were you eventually able to recover the Gamertag and get this resolved by the account recovery team?

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 3 (342 Views)

Re: Painful experience with EA support and help playing online...

★★★ Novice

I’m having the same exact issue

Message 3 of 3 (262 Views)