Origin stuck in offline mode

by AnasBullsEye

Original Post

Re: Origin stuck in offline mode

★ Novice

Hello,

my origin on Mac works only offline and doesn’t connect to my WiFi. I bought a sims extension back and cannot download it. What should I do please ?

Message 21 of 28 (2,250 Views)

★★★ Newbie

open origin - open task manager - close origin - re-open it manually - attempt to cancel the instalation - keep the intallsion going - enter password - wait - done

Message 22 of 28 (2,213 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im having the same problem origin is stuck on offline i cant play anything

Message 23 of 28 (2,125 Views)

★ Novice
@mommatanae1993 guys, i had the same issue with origin connection and offline mode. So, i am mac user, and i just found all files at my computer linked with Origen, any files, any documents and deleted this. DELETE ALL FILES AS YOU CAN FIND THEM, so thats worked.
Message 24 of 28 (2,038 Views)

★ Novice

So what you at ea are actually saying as EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS.  Steam etc included is. You dont know how to fixit and you have a issue adn blame everything else.  Why does it work then not it means you have broken something your end if everyhting works as if your fix relates to my pc but only origin is not functional so limits cause a lot. 

Message 25 of 28 (1,618 Views)

★★★ Novice

close origin in the system tray and re-launch. you're welcome Standard smile

Message 26 of 28 (1,230 Views)

★ Novice

I have this problem on PC literally every single time the game wants to update. It's infuriating. I hate Origin and that I can't play games without them updating - so annoying! I used to have that as a choice!

This is an ongoing problem that happens every time the programme is loaded. Can't Origin just fix the issue? I've restarted so many times, time is 100% correct, I don't use IE, and it's the same issue - whether it starts out that way or starts the download and then suddenly decides to have an issue with online/offline modes. No idea what to do now - I can't play my game even in offline mode (which was the reason I'm even in offline mode) because of Origin. I even tried EA Games app to avoid the problem and lost all my expansion packs so I had to move back! Which is also why I don't trust clearing the game caches. The update mentioned on previous posts has in no way solved the problem.

Message 27 of 28 (573 Views)

Community Manager

Hi Everyone,  

This post has gotten pretty old at this point, I will be locking it to prevent necroposting.  

If you are running into further issues, please make a new post letting us know what is happening and we can provide any relevant information available.  

Thanks! 

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 28 of 28 (556 Views)