Old Fashioned FIFA Player Seeks (slightly more) Basic Game

by daviddaveb8360

Original Post

Old Fashioned FIFA Player Seeks (slightly more) Basic Game

★★★ Newbie

Does anyone know of a way to strip out all the additional championship manager-esque gubbings from career mode (which I am sure some people love and can appreciate the hard work and technical brilliance of etc etc) so that I can just play 38 league games with as many domestic and european cup games as I can??

Since the mid 90's as a 10/11 year old I have bought and played every iteration of the Fifa football game on varying platforms and have always preferred this to its many rivals, most of which no longer exist. This is due in no small part to the ability to control players from current squads and play in current club league / cup competitions. More importantly, I really do believe this to be the best football game to play for realistic gameplay.

However, with less and less spare time to devote to it, I long for the time when you could turn on, play half a dozen league / cup games and then save for later. Now it is more and more like a managerial game.

I hope my ignorance means I am missing a setting somewhere that may turn all this off very easily, I hope. But, in the more likely event that the game has outgrown me, how about EA Sports make the most recent Fifa game where this was possible available again with the ability to update the team squad lists to present day..... Wouldn't that be amazing??!!

Maybe then I could get Fifa 97 (I think) and play Lionel Messi as part of my indoor 5 a side team.....Wow!

Message 1 of 1 (297 Views)