Finish Anthem Strong Alone Stronger Together

by TheGrandOrbiter

Original Post

Finish Anthem Strong Alone Stronger Together

★★★ Novice

Finish Anthem.

I have about 70 hours on a game that is 1/4 of the way finished. My track record on steam shows that that is an anomaly.... Here are some reasons why I think EA is wrong and should finish this title. These are my subjective opinions, not necessarily fact. 

- Anthem is the ONLY game to give me that perfect "Iron Man" feel to movement (I literally fly with jet thrusters, that is SUPER cool dude)

- The world design is absolutely beautiful. It sits - UNFINISHED as one of the most beautiful ever made next to Skyrim, RDR2, Horizon ZD and FW, Halo titles etc.

- The gunplay/ abilities loop was/is very satisfying, has amazing flow, the synergy between primers and detonators as abilities is great, combined with mobility makes you feel like a god.

- The story was half baked... But only because YOU never finished it EA, regardless, there were still redeeming elements to it, I did grow attached to certain characters, which doesn't happen often and I see TONS of potential to expand the lore. It's got good bones.

- The customization system for your Javelins was/is absolutely amazing, very intuitive, and gave tons of opportunity for great combinations of texture, color, and material in addition to armor sets. Combined with the launch bay and to this day you will still see half a dozen super badass Javelins hanging out there, you compliment them and they inspire you for new designs!

- The overall grind wasn't/isn't even that bad, it's pretty repetitive (bc you didn't finish game -_-) but it's still not so bad that I get bored.

- The enemies in this game are diverse, creative, super cool, and pack a punch if your not careful! Just the way enemies ought to be IMO.

I could continue but this will probably fall on deaf or unwilling ears... I'll summarize with this.. I love Anthem still, I see new players every time I play and I help them through their missions! There is a HUGE reddit community you could easily tap into were you to re open the project, and I guarantee if you add new content, fix some bugs, and throw some new items in the store you'll more than make up the money to pay the wages for the ones on the project, and some... There are thousands of freelancers STILL out there hoping for the day...

So this is me speaking on behalf of the hundreds or thousands of people who STILL have hope that you will do the right thing here... Revive Anthem. 

All the best and Merry Christmas

- Grand Orbiter

Message 1 of 14 (1,103 Views)

Re: Finish Anthem Strong Alone Stronger Together

★★★ Newbie

I have 10's of thousands of hours in FPS games. Anthem has stood out. The fighting, and the world feel polished. All that's needed is a more in-depth story. Why not make this a side project with a small team and flesh things out. Of course, I'm sure there is more work do be done than that, but we would all love you if you let this game come back.

Message 2 of 14 (1,020 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Anthem 2.0 not happening is why I will not buy titles from either EA or Bioware.  Until they make what the we're supposed to. Or until they make basically a clone of Anthem that properly delivers a game as a service for 10+ years of amazing, sky bound, gameplay + exceptional story.  I'm just one customer, but I've chosen to not purchase anything from either studio since 2.0 was canceled,  and I have yet to backpeddle on that.

Message 3 of 14 (1,003 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I get that anthem is dead. It sucks but I understand it. I would love to see anthem 2. 

Message 4 of 14 (998 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@TheGrandOrbiter The game is brilliant. Anyone hating on the game hasn't played it recently. They're burnt from the release issues (and lingering issues that followed). What is there now is great and deserves to have a larger player base and ongoing development. As Grand Orbiter has said, the bones are there for a truly engaging experience that would enjoy wonderful success for years to come. I still get shivers from the musical score.
Message 5 of 14 (927 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I love the feel of Anthem and slammed the pre-order so damn hard. I've been playing it again on PC after moving and losing the disk for my Xbox One and I've been enjoying the hell out of it. I was keeping up with all the updates on the progress of Anthem 2.0, and I was excited for a refresh to the game and an expansion on the story and world.

And then the plug was pulled. Be it from EA or Bioware, what matters is the lost potential of this game. I get that it's been years since any regular attention more than basic life support has been paid to this title, but you bet I'd be there for a comeback.

Message 6 of 14 (886 Views)

★★ Novice

I recently had the pleasure of exploring the captivating world of Anthem, and I must say, the gaming experience was truly one-of-a-kind. The synergy within the game is unparalleled; I found myself immersed in a world where the combination of weapons, abilities, and the unique javelins created an extraordinary gameplay dynamic.

The diversity and creativity invested in the weapons and abilities added a refreshing layer to the gaming experience. The javelins, in particular, stood out as an innovative and distinctive element that set Anthem apart from other titles in the genre. The sheer versatility and uniqueness of each javelin kept me engaged and excited throughout my journey.

The environmental design and graphics of Anthem are nothing short of astonishingly beautiful. The attention to detail in creating a visually stunning world enhanced the overall immersive experience. From lush landscapes to intricate details, the game's graphics were a testament to the dedication of the development team.

It's disheartening to acknowledge that Anthem's potential remains untapped, especially considering the apparent abandonment of the game and the cessation of further development. The thought of Anthem being left in a state of limbo is saddening, as there is so much untapped potential waiting to be realized.

In an ideal world, I would love to see a revival of Anthem, with developers returning to breathe new life into this unique and promising game. The prospect of ongoing development and support would undoubtedly rekindle the flames of excitement for both existing and potential players. Anthem holds the promise of a truly exceptional gaming experience, and it would be a shame to see it fade into obscurity without reaching its full potential. Here's hoping for a brighter future for Anthem!

Message 7 of 14 (848 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Anthem is a game that deserves to revived. EA should rethink their decision off stopping its development. If Bioware is unable to develop it properly it could just be given over to another studio. Anthem 2.0 had started back then to create alot of hype with alot of people talking about it and eager to play it. I hope things come around.

Message 8 of 14 (822 Views)

★ Novice

This game have a special place in my heart. I'm still dreaming of what this could have been if the 2.0 Update came out. 

This game gave me a feeling that I have yet not found in any other video game. You can't even describe how much potential this game had and to see it all get canned is heartbreaking. 

Please revive this IP. Justice for Anthem. 

Message 9 of 14 (781 Views)

★ Novice

I have around 450 hours into the game. And since the day that Anthem development was stopped I never really looked at gaming the same way. Anthem was MY game. The place I felt at home. And I'm not the only one , my community on twitch loved the game and my friends on discord organized raids all day.

I hope from the bottom of my heart that Anthem gets revived because it is a hell of a game.

I would love to see Anthem 2 one day and be part of the community again. You made history this time, do not let it sink.

Message 10 of 14 (770 Views)