Fifa Manager 09 neither running on win11 nor winXP

by Schwarsey

Original Post

Fifa Manager 09 neither running on win11 nor winXP

★★★ Newbie

I bought a virtual copy of FM09 and installed it via the EA App on a 64bit Win11 machine.

The installation suceeded, I can enter the game, but the game always crashes when I finish the initial game setup and am about to start the actual gameplay.

I also set up a virtual machine with winXP SP2 (64bit). I managed to install the game on it, however the game does not start and throws an error (wants internet access to register; see picture attached). For the record: I have internet access on my VM and I also shut down it's the windows firewall. Did not help.

Any help very much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 6 (1,082 Views)

Re: Fifa Manager 09 neither running on win11 nor winXP

Community Manager

Hey @Schwarsey when running older games like this you can run into all kinds of issues, best thing to do is to ensure that you are running drivers and software updates from back then as many subsequent updates can remove parts older games need.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,021 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My Problem is that I can start the game normally, but every time I picked a team, I can’t go further. It shortly freezes, and then it closes itself without giving a reason. I tried every possible solution I could find (which are like 4 or something, cause apparently nobody has it).

U guys made that game15 years ago. Could you please tell me, what I should change?

I can’t go back to Windows Vista, I don’t think that Nvidia support drivers from back then anymore.

I’m angry because I spend 15 Euros on this beloved game, and it doesn’t work. Would’ve bought FIFA Manager 13 if I would be beyond rich.

I need help fr

Message 3 of 6 (807 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Kamerurango issues like this can appear when running older games on a modern system. Best thing to do is to troubleshoot and try thinga like running in compatibility mode.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 4 of 6 (783 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I did all that but it always kept crashing. Meanwhile I chose to get another game.

Message 5 of 6 (766 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Kamerurango not really much we can do. One of the reason that many older games are not available to purchase is that getting them to run on modern machines can be difficult.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 6 of 6 (764 Views)