PS3 Deadspace 3 crash

by antisada

Original Post

Re: PS3 Deadspace 3 crash

★★★★★ Apprentice

i had serious crash issues with the disc version of the game.I got the downloaded (digital) version and have played it crash free on several ps3 consoles and no problems. It is also on playstation now for ps4. that seemed to also play with no problem. get rid of the disc.

Message 151 of 156 (1,122 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your answer. That is really some strange behavior...

I will delete the update data and Awakening DLC and my savegame.

Then I will buy the digital version and start a new game. Luckily I wasn't very far!

I hope my "Limited Edition" Code will work with the digital version too.

Should I download Awakening or try the game without the DLC first?

Perhaps it is better...

Message 152 of 156 (1,115 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

don't know about loading awakening later. All i can say is that the downloaded version worked fine on several consoles with no problems. By the way- i had 2 disc versions of the game originally so me and my kid could play co-op. both failed. Download fixed all the issues for me. Hope it works for you.

Message 153 of 156 (1,062 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your help! I deleted all DS3 Data, bought the digital version and made the update to version 1.02. Unfortunately it doesnt work for me. I have the same issues. My PS3 randomly shuts itself up. Three beeps, blinking red light... I am really desperate now. Perhaps i will try to delete all again, download the game again, but do not the update. Perhaps this will work?!

Message 154 of 156 (1,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hold on, the three beeps and blinking red light of death usually means an overheating issue. The original dead space issue was just a game freeze or lost save file. 

Message 155 of 156 (999 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hmmm... it seems there are multiple issues with this game. The "freeze" issue and the "crash" issue where discussed here.

I have the "crash" issue. But I don't believe my PS3 has a overheating problem.

I played the other Dead Space games recently without any freeze or issue at all. And many other games in the past.

A few minutes into Dead Space 3 however and the PS3 turns itself off. And the Playstation isn't even warm!

I bought a refurbished newer slim model for a good price yesterday. I hope I will be able to play DS3 on this machine.

I don't want to harm my beloved old 60 GB model any further. All those shut downs aren't healthy for sure.

Wish me luck... I really wanna play this game!

Message 156 of 156 (977 Views)