by caniskus

Original Post

Re: "Origin in game" not available in Dead Space 3

★★ Novice

Yeaaaaaaaah Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 10 of 37 (11,792 Views)

★★ Novice

for me works after I torn off beta of Origin.

Message 11 of 37 (11,778 Views)

★★ Novice

I have a beta version Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 12 of 37 (11,042 Views)

Can't access in-game origin

★ Novice

Hello everyone!

I am a bit a annoyed over this (VERY MUCH!), but the problem is that I can't access in-game origin in the game.. It is enabled in the Origin Client, and I have not manually disabled it for Dead Space 3..

I opened the game after installing, which went smoothly, no problem at all, and I just couldn't open it, it is just disabled.. I can't invite my friend for a game, so he has to search Friends games, and I have to make my games public in that moment, if we want to play together!

Does anyone have a solution for this problem??? It really bugs me out, so any help would be much appreciated!

Message 13 of 37 (10,751 Views)

★★ Novice

me  too but after I turn off it OIG start too working.

Message 14 of 37 (10,979 Views)

★★ Novice

I posted this here (2nd page), but wanted to share in case it may help others (since the poster that helped me has a post there, too) - http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dead-Space-3/Origin-in-game-origin-UI-for-when-in-a-game-doesn-t-work-makin...

I had same problem (OIG would not work, no matter what. No access to DLC or MP). I originally had Origin in Beta mode. Rolled it back to normal, no dice. Tried windowed mode, no luck. Ran Origin & DS3 as Admin, and no luck. Already had vsync on, but tried turning off. I tried turning on OIG support for all games. Other games seemed to work (BF3, Crysis 2 & 3). I basically tried everything everyone mentioned in these forums, except on this topic I noticed the "open port" solution I hadn't tried. I figured it couldn't hurt. I looked at my settings, and my IP was 2.4, and port 3568 was open from Origin.

I noticed this forum poster, peterhero7, posted a youtube link, and said 3569 should be open. I didn't follow the youtube directions exactly, as I just opened port 3569 (UDP) for the IP my PC had right now which was 2.10 (not 2.4 like Origin had opened). I added this, and it worked. Still haven't went back to Beta version of Origin, but I reverted/played with all other settings, and works fine now. Also, I shut my PC down everytime I'm done using it, as it's only on 3-4 times a week. I imagine I will have to repeat this fix when I actually decide to play co-op, but now I know I can. I was actually trying to check for pre-order bonuses a friend from the UK said he got with this game, but I don't see them on mine, unfortunately.

I know you may know this isn't your issue, but I thought the same. Give it 2 mins & try it. You may be surprised. Thanks for starting this thread, as web searches were coming up empty for such an immediate issue (which I assumed was related to Humble Bundle people swarming the game).

Message 15 of 37 (10,900 Views)

★ Novice

I changed my compatibility mode for the exe to windows xp service pack 3 compatibility. I'm running windows 7 64 bit. right click on exe>compatibility>windowsxp service pack 3.

Message 16 of 37 (10,806 Views)

★★ Novice

come on ea i have the same problem i use windows 8 too

Message 17 of 37 (10,796 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This worked for me (running beta client):

1. Goto Application Settings and "Origin in game", change to "All games"

2. Disabled "Origin in game" by unchecking the checkbox

3. Restart Origin

4. Enable it again by checking the checkbox and restart Origin

5. Run game and now you should be able to invite friends

Message 19 of 37 (10,772 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Solution:
1, Switch the game to windowed or windowed full screen mode in the options menu

2; Access dlc menu ingame (either at a workbench, or simply select the "invite friend" option"
3; Switch game back to full screen
4; enjoy

For me, it worked perfectly. Others report having to repeat the process every time you start the game up though.

EDIT: today, it stopped working again, and the solution above no longer does anything. I'm led to conclude that it's not on our end.
EDIT II (for whom it may concern): After extensive testing, I concluded that the problem is the following: For some reason, if DS3 is started up in fullscreen mode, it conflicts with the OIG overlay. However, as far as my testing goes, if DS3 is switched to windowed, vsynced mode and then back to fullscreen the first time you run the game on a given day, it WILL work for the rest of the day, even if it is booted in fullscreen mode. The easiest way to see whether it works, is booting up the game and checking whether the little OIG notifier pops up in the bottom right corner of the screen. If not, follow the steps above, and restart origin. With this method, I haven't had any trouble accessing the online functionality for the past few day.

Message 20 of 37 (10,722 Views)