Suggestion to Game Developers

by Marine_CorporaI

Original Post

Suggestion to Game Developers

Someone posted something that related to me and I think it should have it's own thread to be discussed.

So every month, the season ends and we get pushed back a league. Then we have to fight to get out of that league and if you don't play enough or haven't improved your skill, you reach the same league that you were at before, the season ends and you are right back to where you started trying to fight your way back.

I don't see the point in this. You end up playing the same maps over and over with an occasional new added map. It's actually getting very boring for me.

Why not keep the league's as they are and just rotate the maps from each league around so that you are playing different maps all the time no matter what league you're in and your progress wouldn't be downgraded.

By doing it this way, you will actually get more players that'll reach the top ranks eventually because it won't be losing progress and you won't be playing the same players over and over forever in the top leagues. The maps are constantly changing this way and things will remain different.

Because the way things are right now, you'll eventually reach a peak for your skill level and units and never move forward unless you live on this game.

Message 1 of 9 (566 Views)

Re: Suggestion to Game Developers

★★★★★ Guide
This used to be the case. And it wasn't as nice as it sounded. Only tib league got reset to 3,700 medals per faction, everyone else was left alone. Sure, new players made it into tib and would immediately get smashed into the league floor for weeks/months. I know, I was one. Made it into tib with level 8 units because there was no resets.

Basically tib league became account purgatory where you hardly stood a chance against the almost no level restriction and medal restriction, so you basically stood no chance game after game, and there was no point in playing anyways aside from your bounties. Losses meant nothing, wins mean nothing because medals mean nothing unless you are #1. And that is still more or less true from current tib league. I just hit tib for my GDI and I'm already trying to figure out what troll deck to play for the rest of the season because there is zero reason to play 2 try hard decks since medals mean nothing. Might as well enjoy my GDI bounty games rather than get frustrated when queuing against level 15 units that aren't challenge battles.

I mean the only nice thing about tib league is the rotating maps. Otherwise, the 1 epic crate you get for reaching it hardly justifies the rest of the time you spend in tib league. Right now tib league feels more like a special place where good players and players with super high levels are sent to so that we don't interact with the rest of the population and ruin their fun times.

So old tib league without resets was famous for making players retire from the game. As is, the resets give the game a week or two of "fresh" gameplay where it's not the same old names over and over, unless you grind back to tib the day of the reset.

Is the reset in a good spot? No. It's got quite a few rough edges. Will removing reset fix all the issues? No. It will cause many many more. Most tib players without resets resorted to smurf accounts to actually enjoy the game again. Resets has lessened the need for em.

Personally, I'd simply put a cap on challenge battles. You can only play 1 challenge battle, then the game has to find you 2 normal battles. This would alleviate the struggle of reset players matching into lower caliber players, as well as provide them with opportunities for fun games. As is, blitz/champs is kinda the only game mode with meaning left.
Message 2 of 9 (550 Views)

Well at the very minimum map should be recycled throughout the league's. 

Message 3 of 9 (538 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
I suggested masters maps gets a rotation, and they are looking into it, but between artists making new maps and appealing to the "biome" they can't promise anything.
Message 4 of 9 (532 Views)

Why can't maps be random throughout the league's? Just change the colors based on the terrain of the league.

Message 5 of 9 (521 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Sick of seeing master maps and now I play more in events than the ladder

Message 6 of 9 (501 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

TBH resets are actually the only reason I still play Rivals. Nerd

For me it's just a sizeable credits and crate drop every month. Of course I fall back down the leagues. But I also get free resources for my units, I get to play old maps again, and I get more favorable matchups for a bit. What Battalia says is exactly the case - never get reset and you will reach a rage quit point, where you will never get matched up against anyone but the best. Not fun. Knowing that I was eventually going to reach that point, I was pretty sure I was just going to quit the game once I reached tib league. Now I never get above Masters and it's GREAT. 

Now the game is fresh and fun every month. :eahigh_file: Dropping down the ladder isn't the apocalypse. Maybe a few people could stand to get over thinking they 'deserve' to stand aloof at the top of the ladder forever for their 'hard work'.

Guys, it's. A. gAmE. Take it casual and it's way more fun. Party hat

Message 7 of 9 (482 Views)

Somewhere I read a good point.  Even with the reset, there are maps in the lower leagues the never get played again and many of us only get to play in the diamond league for a day or two.

Message 8 of 9 (472 Views)

★ Apprentice

@BattaIia wrote:
I suggested masters maps gets a rotation, and they are looking into it, but between artists making new maps and appealing to the "biome" they can't promise anything.

The "biome" does anyone actually care about it lol. I find it silly thats partially to blame for not cycling map pools. Masters seems to get slightly boring playing the same map layouts over and over for months now.

Since the top players are basically level 13 units and up most of the F2P at 10 or so wont get back into Tib anytime soon and playing the same few maps outside of events is wearing down on the fun.

Message 9 of 9 (463 Views)