[READ FIRST] Common Issues and Solutions

by kl4ndri

Original Post

Re: Common Problems, Read This Before Posting!

★ Novice

Could someone please help me with this bit?

"Games crash on dual core machines: If you have a dual core CPU, and games seem to crash for no reason, start the game
and press CTRL ALT DEL (For XP Pro select Task Manager!), right click on the game's .exe process, click "set affinity", and deselect one CPU.
ForceCore is a small program that automates this process:
http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/.../forcecore.zip"

I downloaded ForceCore but couldn't make head nor toe of the instructions, could someone please explain to me how I run ForceCore for Red Alert 2, in plain english? Thanks

Message 21 of 69 (10,920 Views)

★ Pro

Make a new thread for it.

Message 22 of 69 (10,886 Views)

★★★ Novice

Game: C&C Ultimate Collection - Red Alert 1

I'm having a problem with the speed of the scroll in game. I read the first page and applied everything (patches, CPU grabber, etc) and still can't get the speed to slow down. I also have the speed in game set to the slowest. Does anyone know of an alternate fix for this? 

Message 23 of 69 (10,886 Views)

★ Pro

I believe the 1.03 unofficial patch should fix it.

Message 24 of 69 (10,887 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Is C&C 3 capable of acceptin any character for password, like: normal or capital letters, numbers and others like - ? ! + or similar? Or not? It is wrong here, or thats the situtation, only normal/capital letters and numbers?

Message 25 of 69 (10,881 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I downloaded the patch and applied it and I'm still having issues with the scroll speed. The installer also said the installation wasn't completed because I was missing a file. I'm dumping the patch into the RA folder (C: Program files x86\Origin games\Command and conquer Red Alert) so I don't know what else I'm supposed to do. Any help?

Message 26 of 69 (10,865 Views)

★ Pro

Make a new thread for it, I'll be digging.

Message 27 of 69 (10,857 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I actually had to solve a problem with Red Alert recently, thought I'd post it here in case the info ends up being useful to someone else. On Win 7 64-bit I had an issue with corrupted colors/pixelation both in the cutscenes and in-game. I was able to fix the issue by Right-Clicking and going to 'Game Properties' and checking the 'Disable Origin In Game for this game' box. I verified, by re-enabling it which caused the graphics issue to return, that this was what fixed the problem.

I don't know how common this issue is, but it's an easy solution that worked for me without any downloads of patches or drivers. Hope this is useful to somebody.

Message 28 of 69 (10,855 Views)

★ Pro

Thanks a lot for sharing!

Message 29 of 69 (10,837 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

That's inside the Origin client, correct?

EDIT: Nvm, found it. Didn't prevent the colors from going crazy for me. Bugger all.

Message 30 of 69 (10,823 Views)