Nod Scarabs overpowered

by SwineDoc

Original Post

Re: Nod Scarabs overpowered

★★★★★ Guide
There are so many counters to scarabs. 2 range units, cheap units, heck, fly a venom or a talon over em to blow em both up. Right now, there is pretty much no excuse to lose to scarabs. If you require any further information on countering scarabs, feel free to check out my guide found here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/gt-IF-YOU-ARE-HAVING-TROUBLE-WITH-SCARABS-CLICK-HERE-lt/m...
Message 11 of 32 (847 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I am a scarab user myself and find them to be very useful. But i find it quite easy to counter scarabs. Whenever i see scarabs i feel  my chances of winning have gone up. Basically all u need to do is send in 2 of your cheapest unit, such as drone squads, rifles, venoms, dogs, wheels, etc. adjacent to the scarabs at the same time. Ull lose 1 of your 2 units worth 10/20/30 while he loses 30 AND the pad. As nod i use 2 venoms to take them out and it works wonders. I just had a game where my opponent scarab rushed and killed my harvestor and totally caught me off guard and had scarabs sitting on all 3 pads and still ended up losing. This is why u never see top players using scarabs.

Message 12 of 32 (837 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Is such a strategy useful? I mean killing the harv with a scarab then deploying your own harv to have a boost in tiberium?

Message 13 of 32 (830 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Another tip, use them yourself and see how bad they are. Maybe the dev should lower the unlock lvl of scarabs then it must be less complain.

Message 14 of 32 (816 Views)

★ Guide

I don't have the scarab, I'm a new player. The only event I participated in is the grenadier blitz. Check my account, its EinarThePillager, user ld of #3gxgzNMb and belongs to an alliance called "subscribe to Pewdiepie"... if only he's still in the top rank. He's been beaten by a music company. He should play harder and win more. I have a level 5 to 6 GDI army and a level 3 to 4 nod army, except epic units. I actually won 2 challenge battles recently that belong to a higher league. One on GDI as Silver 1 and another as Nod as Bronze 3

Message 15 of 32 (804 Views)

★ Novice
I couldn’t agree more, ridiculous that a 30 cred starter unit can kill anything you send out. I suspect EA know this and have it in as a ‘buy your way to victory’ unit. Says more about what’s wrong with this sort of gaming than I ever could.
Message 16 of 32 (788 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

picard

EA is the publisher, not the developer. Redwood is the developer. Scarabs are junk. If you think you can "buy your way to victory" with them, you are in for a rough time when you unlock them. Wanna beat scarabs? Of course you do. Follow the link below.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/gt-IF-YOU-ARE-HAVING-TROUBLE-WITH-SCARABS-CLICK-HERE-lt/m...

Message 17 of 32 (783 Views)

★ Guide

Thanks for the tip, though I think I won't encounter Scarabs on my regular fights. I mean I start slow and play only to get the bonus XP and bounty. It seems I don't care much about my win-rate anymore even though I would want to win. Maybe if my opponent is weak enough I might surrender by having my units dance for them. Other than that, I'd force his match into a boring draw. Also I have a level 5 to 6 GDI army and a level 4 to 5 Nod army excluding the tick tank. Tick tanks seems to be the best unit for my strategy, holding the line and adjusting my defense.

Message 18 of 32 (767 Views)

★ Guide

I think scarabs need a nerf, like maybe reduce damage against vehicles. I mean lets say I use tick tanks to defend along with anti-infantry. if a scarab managed to get through and my anti-infantry is distracted, I'd easily lose the tick tank in one explosion. Also like I said before, scarabs attacking aircraft are illogical, I mean why and how would you throw a bomb at a helicopter, your not superman or Mr. Incredible.

Message 19 of 32 (747 Views)

★ Guide
play with them and we talk again. i know they are rly annoying but if u adept to playing against them almost every game your enemy runs scarabs is a free win for u
Message 20 of 32 (719 Views)