No sound during gameplay. Volume does not work

by terriblemusic

Original Post

No sound during gameplay. Volume does not work

★★★ Newbie

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy S8
OS Version 8.0.0
What is your Player ID? YoMomma
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug No sound during gameplay.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Whenever I try adjusting the sound in-game, the ringer volume is the one that tries to go up/down, and not the media audio. I noticed that if I play a different game (not C&C Rivals), and I raise the volume on that game, then quit that game and start Rivals, then sound comes back and I can adjust the volume in-game again.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Samsung Galaxy S8
OS Version 8.0.0
What is your Player ID? YoMomma
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug The sound issue occurs 100% of the time. I notice that while in-game, when I try to put the sound up, the phone ringer volume tries to go up instead, so I am unable to hear anything.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I noticed that if I play a different game (not C&C Rivals), and I raise the volume on that game, then quit that game and start Rivals, then sound comes back and I can adjust the volume once more. The bug still occurs even after all the newest updates, reatarting, clearing cache.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country US

Message 1 of 2 (576 Views)

Re: No sound during gameplay. Volume does not work

EA Live QV Team

Hi @terriblemusic and thank you for reporting this.

Can you check if there is a firmware update available for the S8 (Android 8.1 or even 9)? Thank you!

Message 2 of 2 (554 Views)