Mammoth Tank is overpowered

by Mister_Crac

Original Post

Mammoth Tank is overpowered

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: Command & Conquer: Rivals
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Sony Xperia XA2
OS Version Android 9
What is your Player ID? Mr Crac#GcdxpKY9
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug In the current meta, the Mammoth Tank is quite overpowered and therefore also overused. It can kill any ground vehicle and any infantry on the field with ease. It can even attack air units. Basically, it has no real weakness. A Jackson-boosted Mammoth Tank cannot be stopped by anything, it will easily wipe out an entire occupied missile pad within seconds.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Look at how many people are playing the Mammoth Tank right now. It is as popular as the Avatar was back in its heyday. The Avatar has received nerfs to stop it from being overpowered, now the same needs to happen with the Mammoth.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country Germany

Message 1 of 11 (2,217 Views)

Re: Mammoth Tank is overpowered

EA Live QV Team

Thanks for the feedback @Mister_Crac! We will continue monitoring it's usage and I'll pass this on to the team. Standard smile

Message 2 of 11 (2,169 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Thank you @EA_Grasshopper, I appreciate that you are here talking to us. Standard smile

Message 3 of 11 (2,154 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No issues with the mammoth tank on my end.  Must be a poor loser needing something to complain about 

Message 4 of 11 (2,024 Views)

★★★★ Pro

@SRT10Trex wrote:

No issues with the mammoth tank on my end.  Must be a poor loser needing something to complain about 

You are aware that the Mammoth Tank did get nerfed? It had its HP reduced.

Oh if I had a dime for everybody who writes something dumb on the Internet, I'd be so filthy rich...

Message 5 of 11 (1,993 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Maybe the mammoth needs a nerf that affects its anti-infantry ability. It should automatically crush infantry when the mammoth is told to attack them. The nerf comes in when it comes to its speed, it should shift from slow to sluggishly slow (think of a titan under the effects of EMP) when it tries to run over infantry. A mammoth can easily win against 2 grenadiers while an avatar is toast with only two.

Message 6 of 11 (1,988 Views)

I don’t know. I never seem to have a problem killing it. My Scorpion tank and or Banshee kills it pretty damned quick. 

That’s two things in my deck that can deal with Mammoths quite easily. With the Avatar, I can only use the Banshee in my deck to kill it. 

Message 7 of 11 (1,963 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Marine_CorporaI wrote:

I don’t know. I never seem to have a problem killing it. My Scorpion tank and or Banshee kills it pretty damned quick. 

That’s two things in my deck that can deal with Mammoths quite easily. With the Avatar, I can only use the Banshee in my deck to kill it. 

Um, what about tick tanks? Does one have to deploy them in advance before engaging the mammoth? I've seen that stealth tanks do well, if they attack and leave before the mammoth can attack a 2nd time against the stealth tank. Mutant marauders could help if they were being protected from being crushed. I once saw a glitch that cause a tick tank to burrow on a chem warrior, I wonder if its possible with the marauder, yet very difficult to exploit.

Message 8 of 11 (1,954 Views)

[ Edited ]

Oh man. I thought we were talking about flame tanks. My mistake. I confused them with each other. Other tanks suck against the mammoths. Only air can take them out. I usually spam banshees or orcas at them. 

Message 9 of 11 (1,948 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well there's another dime for that comment

Message 10 of 11 (1,924 Views)