C&C Tiberium Sun hangs due to an "ssleay32.dll missing" error.

by TildedOne

Original Post

Accepted Solution

C&C Tiberium Sun hangs due to an "ssleay32.dll missing" error.

★★ Novice

C&C Tiberium Sun hangs due to an "ssleay32.dll missing" error but the file isn't missing.

Plenty of posts on this error with Mass Effect but no solution for Tiberium Sun that I have found yet.  The game hangs on startup over this issue and I have uninstalled/reinstalled and run repair.  It is the only game in the collection that I am having trouble with in this matter.  Would love to play it some day if I can get this issue figured out.

Message 1 of 6 (1,331 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: C&C Tiberium Sun hangs due to an "ssleay32.dll missing" error.

[ Edited ]
Hero

@penguinsick

There's always the "don't use the Origin version" solution; the game is freeware.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/C-C-The-Ultimate-Collection/Is-red-alert-1-and-tiberian-sun-now-freeware/m-...

Though it might be worth checking out whether simply installing the community patch is enough to fix it. Given the fact the game is freeware, I'm fairly sure it just removes the whole Origin DRM. And patching saves you a couple of gigabytes of extra download time.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (1,230 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@TildedOne 

Try right clicking the game in Origin and then Repair Game. This will check the game files for errors and may resolve this for you.

barry.png
Message 2 of 6 (1,310 Views)

★★ Novice

EA_Barry wrote:

@seanmarquiss 

Try right clicking the game in Origin and then Repair Game. This will check the game files for errors and may resolve this for you.

Thank you EA_Barry for your reply. Sad to say I have done the repair option and it doesn't work.  I am of the impression that the hardcoding for the game that allows it to run in Origin (i.e. the DRM) is faulty as the .dll file in question is not missing and in the correct folder. I will continue to look for solutions and hope to find one here.  Maybe there is a command line argument that can solve this problem. If you know of one please let me know.

Message 3 of 6 (1,307 Views)

Community Manager

There is a version of this file in the Origin program folder as well as in individual game folders. It may be worthwhile downloading and installing the most recent version of Origin in order to replace the missing/damaged file.

barry.png
Message 4 of 6 (1,299 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the newest version of origin and the game is still not laoding, gets hung up on start up saying main ssleay32.dll is missing uninstalled and reinstalled still no luck for me. Any other solutions?

Message 5 of 6 (1,222 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@penguinsick

There's always the "don't use the Origin version" solution; the game is freeware.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/C-C-The-Ultimate-Collection/Is-red-alert-1-and-tiberian-sun-now-freeware/m-...

Though it might be worth checking out whether simply installing the community patch is enough to fix it. Given the fact the game is freeware, I'm fairly sure it just removes the whole Origin DRM. And patching saves you a couple of gigabytes of extra download time.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 6 of 6 (1,231 Views)