Balance Update - Dec. 13

by EA_dance210

Original Post

Re: Balance Update - Dec. 13

★★★ Newbie

FT is still way too strong guys.  Needs to be nerfed down quite bit more and increase the cost not decrease.  Should be more like a 200-250 unit not 110.  Need to earn that power.

Message 11 of 34 (741 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Philly_Dawg23 wrote:

Why is GDI so over matches? The moment you get to gold 2 everyone has Nod. Those damned attack bikes are too strong and the Rhino is too weak. ALL of GDI troops are weak I have level 8 and 9 troops loosing to 6 and 7. The Nod obelisk towers have to be reduced. It is completely unfair to those who want th play with GDI. 99% of all gold 2 and above are Nod. Wonder why? There is a severe gap in GDI unit performance. The units just don’t match up. Have to make GDI cheaper to play. The game was fun up until gold 1 and 2. I am amazed I even got up to 2. 

GDI has their own strengths. Pitbull may cost 10 tib more, but it can move and shoot. This often means that you can get the jump on moving bike squads and take down a bike before they ever get to shoot. GDI predator tank is slower than the scorpion, but defeats it in a 1v1 situation and costs the same. The NOD obelisk of light is a terrifying piece of technology, but solomon can ion cannon it from the safety of his flagship as well as take out any units foolish enough to take refuge in it's shadow. 

GDI has the tools to succeed, you just have to use them! The Developers are often checking balance and the only time NOD seems to have a win rating advantage over GDI is in the lower tiers of the game where players don't understand what units counter what yet. But once you understand the proper counters, you can defeat NOD the same as any GDI player. 

NOD has units that require more micro management to get the most out of them. GDI specializes in unit synergy and strong all around performers. 

@DebD516 wrote:

That's good to know. Also you may wish to take care of the algorithm that matches up players during battles. If one guy below level 10 is matched with someone who is level 20 then that's not a battle. Please see to it that players are equally matched to start with and then win or loose based on their strategy only. Cheers to you for bringing back those old memories of C&C in a new pack 😊

The match maker does not consider levels. It only considers your medal count. If you are strong enough to get that medal count with your current army, then you should be able to compete at that level. Remember, this is a pvp game, and proper balance is winning a match for every match that you lose. This sometimes doesn't feel good, because we all prefer to win, not lose. But there are ways to mitigate it.

The best advice I can give to players who don't want to go up against over leveled players is to only play your 10 matches for bounties a day. You can play champions as much as you want however, as that doesn't give or take medals. As long as you only play your bounties every day, you won't inflate your medal count, and should play mostly fair matches!

@BallistaExist09 wrote:

Completely agree.  I have played the game since the launch and  has been fun until you run into players that have the Flame Tank.  Seems to be no answer to it.  In the last few days and since the update with the nerfing of the Flame Tank the game is becoming less fun.  I have seen more times than I care the strategy of sending 2 FT to my HQ and within 30s or so they win with out a nuke strike or before I can control the pads for enough time for 2 strikes

FT I would raise the cost to 200-250 and nerf it down another 30-50%.  WAYYYY to strong of a unit

Flame tank is only strong against infantry and bases. If you see your opponent build one, your first response should be to build a tank. Then move your tank in the way of the flame tank so it has to move around you. Your tank can fire on the move, so keep pushing their tank away from your base and blocking it's movement and eventually you will take it down. That is 110 tib for them down the drain and you have a mostly undamaged tank to show for it. 

Other counters to the flame tank include for GDI: the ion cannon ability, Orca's, Titans, MLRS, and the kodiak. NOD has the obelisk of light ability (just make sure not to summon it right beside the flame tank!), Jade's catalyst missile ability, banshee's, rockworms, and basilisk.

Your opponent needs to sacrifice a good amount of tib to get a flame tank out. Punish them for it by taking the pads and taking out their flame tank with the proper counter!

Message 12 of 34 (730 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The mighty Flame Tank will never be exterminated!

Dont hear to those burned losers who complain about our mighty flames!!!

It should be: 100 unit cost and 600 dmg against structures!!!

FLAME TANKS UNIT, ASSEMBLE!!!

Gonna flame ur mouth up!!!!

Message 13 of 34 (724 Views)

★★★★ Guide

ya there health is still too much and the burn to buildings is still bad then you make them cheaper 

2 tanks cant take one out fast enough

its complete BS 

Message 14 of 34 (712 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@WADofFORCE wrote:

I disagree that nod is better, you need to learn your counters

Why should I have to counter to them? You are automaticaly put on the defensive if u worry about counters. There are no counters for the rock worm. There are no counters for the flame tank. Why can’t it be Nod counter GDI then? That makes no sense. Nod is far superior in every way to GDI. I NEVER SEE GDI OVER GOLD 2. Wonder why?

Message 15 of 34 (697 Views)

★ Guide

If you want to learn how to counter flame tanks check replays, they so easy to counter aka any flying unit many tanks.....I never have problems against then since I carry one flying unit into every match.

Also look high league matches hardly anyone uses anything from final nods

Message 16 of 34 (668 Views)

★ Guide

No counter to rockworm? LMAO your not serious ....

I feel like lol like santa HO HO HO!!!

Message 17 of 34 (665 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Haha this is me
Message 18 of 34 (661 Views)

★★★ Novice
@BallistaExist09:

You can counter it at 60 cost with the predator or scorpion tanks. Also any anti-vehicle air is hard counter.

Message 19 of 34 (651 Views)

★★ Novice
It would be nice to at least get a flame tank. I’m level 17 without one and getting torched and I’m stuck in gold. 😕😕
Message 20 of 34 (626 Views)