why are the download speeds extremely slow on origin?

by snipeshot9111

Original Post

Re: Slow Download

★★★ Newbie

i have done all the above and turned on the safe downloading option. i cant get more than 4.85mb/sec on a 95mbps internet connection. on other applications (steam, battle.net etc etc) i get full speed and some time on 11mb/sec

Message 211 of 328 (1,555 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to see that you are still having issues @Slaytanas.

Can I ask you to grab a UO Trace using the steps in this help article so that I can take a look at your system: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Darko

Darko.png
Message 212 of 328 (1,189 Views)

Re: why are the download speeds extremely slow on origin?

★★★ Newbie

OK, the problem still exists. And it's ridiculous. Why download randomly slows down? It looks like EA saying "no, you can have that game THAT FAST". WTF?
Almost 2 years, many different fixes, but this problem still exists? AND YES EA, i did all the fix steps, that you've mentioned. AND NO it's not because of my network.
Yes, I double checked it, sooo, maybe do something about it? Because, you know, no will buy games if it's impossible to play.

Message 213 of 328 (2,037 Views)

★★ Novice

I am fed up of download speeds. We have virgin media broadband and I get 2GB/S on steam and on origin I’m getting less than 6mb/s. God sake it’s so annoying!!!

Message 214 of 328 (1,923 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I too have really, really slow speeds. Like under 10% of what I should be getting...

Everywhere else I'm getting full speed, but Origin I immediately go down to 2 MB/s... I should be having 40 MB/s and Origin didn't always use to be this slow. What gives? It has always been a really laggy client to use, but atleast downloads was working, but now it's slow and laggy combined.

Message 215 of 328 (1,874 Views)

★★ Guide

Took me over 2 hrs to download the sims 4... thank god it was free and i didn't have to buy it... but still... 8ish years multiple networks. computers/devives/operating systems, multiple carriers... Tried all the troubleshooting and then some and STILL no fix

BTW, has anyone tried this with a VPN? Me and my It friends are curious.

Message 216 of 328 (1,862 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

To update: It seems that speeds are now back to normal Standard smile (atleast for now)

Message 217 of 328 (1,841 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

And now it's gone again...

Message 218 of 328 (1,741 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same problem and gone through clean boot options and nothing is working.

Message 219 of 328 (1,112 Views)

★★★ Novice

Changing to Google DNS solved the problem for me, went from 40mbps to 100mbps download speed.

Message 220 of 328 (1,549 Views)